8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a turn onto Transmountain Here in El Paso last night and I started to hear a Click, click click click click click (got faster) and then a THUNK THUNK THUD (Metal tearing apart sound) SMASH SMASH SMASH (more destruction) and then no more go. Had the car towed to the dealer they say its the CV Shaft but I hope the transmission is gone. Although it goes into every gear fine..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,059 Posts
clicking = CV joint most likley. why would you hope it to be be the transmission though?

Chase said:
I took a turn onto Transmountain Here in El Paso last night and I started to hear a Click, click click click click click (got faster) and then a THUNK THUNK THUD (Metal tearing apart sound) SMASH SMASH SMASH (more destruction) and then no more go. Had the car towed to the dealer they say its the CV Shaft but I hope the transmission is gone. Although it goes into every gear fine..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow ok so It was not the CV shaft, My transmission tore itself apart from the inside out, My service manager says that He is not sure that Honda can replace it under warranty.. Can they do that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Unless they can prove without a doubt that you did the damage, his statement is ridiculous and it should be warranty. As long as its within your 5 year/100, 000 km warranty and you have done any necessary tranny fluid changes as required by your maint minder.
 

·
Scrodums
Joined
·
9,486 Posts
Chase said:
wow ok so It was not the CV shaft, My transmission tore itself apart from the inside out, My service manager says that He is not sure that Honda can replace it under warranty.. Can they do that?
What Tiller said. Unless they can give you a very detailed explanation as to why it's not covered, they should replace it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,756 Posts
They HAVE to warranty it, Chase - if they won't, they are just trying to be dicks. Go read your warranty manual. You're not FI, and there is no way your current mods make enough power to destroy a tranny. Their excuse will be "oh, you've got an intake and an exhaust - you must beat the **** out of it/race it/horsebeat this car". You tell them that these mods are in no way indicative of your driving habits, and that they are stereotyping you. Tell them to lay off the fast and the furious. Keep us updated!!
:popcorn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys, ED Huizar My service manager at Rudolph Honda Is actually a pretty cool guy. He told me that He was "confirming" with Honda that He could replace it but it was not looking good. Normally when I break My car I take it in and He is way cool about it. So well see..
 

·
Scrodums
Joined
·
9,486 Posts
Chase said:
Thanks Guys, ED Huizar My service manager at Rudolph Honda Is actually a pretty cool guy. He told me that He was "confirming" with Honda that He could replace it but it was not looking good. Normally when I break My car I take it in and He is way cool about it. So well see..
What have you broke in the past? Well, if it gets there, then you can raise hell... but in the mean time, I think he's fluffing you.
 

·
Tuna Fiddle
Joined
·
19,256 Posts
if he is that "cool" he should be able to write it up so it does get approved. I know the advisors here can make almost anything get approved just by writing it up the right way. Before I left Infiniti I got a new motor and trans in the g35 under warranty even though it didn't really need it. so he should be able to get it through if he really wants to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yodums said:
What have you broke in the past? Well, if it gets there, then you can raise hell... but in the mean time, I think he's fluffing you.
I have had a few thing replaced

Clutch (unnessesary, there was nothing wrong with it)
Clutch Pedal
Radio- Cd Player
Fresh Paint job on Front (crows feet)
Hydraulic Motor Mount (clicking like crazy)

And now the transmission tears itself apart.:coffee:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got off the phone with ED, he said that Honda is doing a one time "goodwill" replacement free of charge. Basically doing Me a Favor, I am going to the dealer today to get all kinds of pics of it.. lol He said I can keep a peice of one of the gears.

-Chase
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
dude that sux butt man....I cant believe that happened! That makes me nervous.....now im worried about mine. I have a few things done on my car that makes it a lil bit faster but not much...and after seeing what happened to yours....i dont know if its such a good idea to have all that....i have almost 30k miles on my car and haven't changed the tranny fluid yet...i better do it soon just to be safe.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top