8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday i got my DC header and my HFP suspension system put in....

I woke up early and went to NAPA and bought the 18mm defoulers and then called a local mechanic (mine was tied up and im way to impatient to be installing things like this lol) He told me he could do it whenever i was ready.. I brought my car in and told him i wanted both the suspension and the header put in.. he did it..

The header definantly is a good investment in my book..seems like it pulls a bit harder now. First time i launched it after the install i was like ugh oh it was almost like giving an alcoholic a beer, once i felt that power i wanted to launch it at every red light (of course i didnt) if i had to make the decision to get a header or not again i dont think i would drive it without!

The HFP suspension system is awesome as well, the mechanic was shocked because it didnt rattle or make any creaking noises like some suspension setups.. he also called me and begged me if he could take it for a test drive.. i told him go ahead (while i was basically shitting bricks nervous he would wreck it or rack it out) when i went to go pick up the car everyone was excited about it.. i was like ok im taking my car now.. lol

This morning i got a call from someone that is a friend of a friend of the mechanic that did the work, he wanted to see it..

A hour or so ago i got a call from a guy that owns a SI aswell, wanting to see it.

I get on the local forums here and my inbox is full... "can i come see your car" type messages...

I don't know any of the people that called me or wrote me but i think its awesome, as some of you know i live on guam and its a small island so word passes very quickly about things. Everyone is telling me im the only one on island with all those mods on my SI (and i dont have many mods on it) So i am interested to take it to the track next friday and run the other imports :)

Heres my mod list.. some things are not installed yet because im still waiting for them to come in the mail :(

Injen CAI
Vibrant Streetpower Cat Back Exhaust
Ingalls "Stiffy" engine torque dampener
DC Sports race header
CorSport Intake manifold heat gasket
ZEX EFI Wet nitrous system (75 Shot) with:
Wide open throttle switch
Traction Control window switch
Remote bottle opener
Purge kit
One step colder spark plugs
20% Tint
HFP suspension kit
CSX center console
TMW short shifter and base bushings

And i have to thank CORSPORT, they got my header here in 7 days (that is record time for something coming to guam)!!!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Nice ride, and post pics!

But if you are saying that's not a lot of mods then well my friend, you caught the mod bug for sure!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
LOL @ not alot of mods

glad you like the header!

how are the emission laws in guam? Do you think you'll need to take off the header when inspection time comes?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You think thats alot of mods? lol some of you guys have mod list 12 feet long! lol emission laws in guam? Whats that?!?!?! I joke but i will find out in a year or so, i doubt VERY seriously it will be a problem i have never even heard of emissions laws here and have seen some crazy things here.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
hey i just installed my dc header also, def i good investment. i see u have the vibrant cat back as well, is it too loud for you? im thinking its too loud for me and i feel the vibrant lost its deepness and is just loud haha. and was thinking of switching to an evo2 or something quieter.

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts
When I started to read your post, I thought....man does this guy live on a deserted island where no one has seen a modified car? Then I read the Guam part.

Your mods seem solid. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
+1 on the DCRH/Vibrant combo! Just put my header on and boy do I love it.

Quick question, but do you hear a slight hissing noise now that you have replaced the stock header/cat? Upon cold start-up and light throttle driving?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I honestly havent had a ton of time to test it/listen for everything i did drive about 70 miles since the install but didnt really pay attention, will be on the look out though.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
JRM_FG2 said:
ya im getting the same hissing noise i think its normal, i checked for leaks and had none.
I figured.. my RT cat had a slight hiss, and it got a bit louder when I replaced it with the DCRH. I think it's normal with most aftermarket header/cat replacements. All I know is the thing hauls ass now :lildevil:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
ibanez37 said:
I figured.. my RT cat had a slight hiss, and it got a bit louder when I replaced it with the DCRH. I think it's normal with most aftermarket header/cat replacements. All I know is the thing hauls ass now :lildevil:

:word:

·
Registered
70 Posts
shutter13 said:
LOL @ not alot of mods

glad you like the header!

how are the emission laws in guam? Do you think you'll need to take off the header when inspection time comes?
hey i'm originally from guam too!!but NO!! there are no freaking emission laws back home on da island!!all you need to do, on a yearly basis is make sure your taillights, headlights, turn signals and alignment are in good shape! there's no such thing as checking for Nox levels and all that healthy stuff!!! you don't need a cat there!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
NewbTuner said:
Well yesterday i got my DC header and my HFP suspension system put in....

I woke up early and went to NAPA and bought the 18mm defoulers and then called a local mechanic (mine was tied up and im way to impatient to be installing things like this lol) He told me he could do it whenever i was ready.. I brought my car in and told him i wanted both the suspension and the header put in.. he did it..

The header definantly is a good investment in my book..seems like it pulls a bit harder now. First time i launched it after the install i was like ugh oh it was almost like giving an alcoholic a beer, once i felt that power i wanted to launch it at every red light (of course i didnt) if i had to make the decision to get a header or not again i dont think i would drive it without!

The HFP suspension system is awesome as well, the mechanic was shocked because it didnt rattle or make any creaking noises like some suspension setups.. he also called me and begged me if he could take it for a test drive.. i told him go ahead (while i was basically shitting bricks nervous he would wreck it or rack it out) when i went to go pick up the car everyone was excited about it.. i was like ok im taking my car now.. lol

This morning i got a call from someone that is a friend of a friend of the mechanic that did the work, he wanted to see it..

A hour or so ago i got a call from a guy that owns a SI aswell, wanting to see it.

I get on the local forums here and my inbox is full... "can i come see your car" type messages...

I don't know any of the people that called me or wrote me but i think its awesome, as some of you know i live on guam and its a small island so word passes very quickly about things. Everyone is telling me im the only one on island with all those mods on my SI (and i dont have many mods on it) So i am interested to take it to the track next friday and run the other imports :)

Heres my mod list.. some things are not installed yet because im still waiting for them to come in the mail :(

Injen CAI
Vibrant Streetpower Cat Back Exhaust
Ingalls "Stiffy" engine torque dampener
DC Sports race header
CorSport Intake manifold heat gasket
ZEX EFI Wet nitrous system (75 Shot) with:
Wide open throttle switch
Traction Control window switch
Remote bottle opener
Purge kit
One step colder spark plugs
20% Tint
HFP suspension kit
CSX center console
TMW short shifter and base bushings

And i have to thank CORSPORT, they got my header here in 7 days (that is record time for something coming to guam)!!!!

hey bro!!good to see another person from guam on this thing! those mods look pretty solid, but i think you should really invest in having your ECU reflashed thru HONDATA, that will work wonders for you. good luck with the car...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts