8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm driving home tonight and when I unlock my car, I see both fog lights light up. I start the car and turn on my parking lights which activate my fogs and both are clearly on.

I drive thru a neighborhood with no one behind me at all. I get to the freeway and everything is fine. Next thing I know I see a car near and I let it pass and I'm looking in its reflection and I see that I only see 3 lights on the rear of their SUV. I'm like wth.... maybe I just dont see one of the fogs.

So then I drive closer and I can clearly see that one fog light is out. In my mind I'm like wtf happened now, I sure as hell didn't follow anyone close at all. So then I get home, and look to see if my lens is shattered because last time a bulb exploded was because I had this huge piece of pavement lodged inside my fog housing.

I check and see that the lenses are still cracked from the glass heating up in the cold weather. I'm trying to look inside and I can definitely tell that the stupid bulb blew up. Probably because of the same reason.

Seriously I'm sick and tired of this ****. I have an extra 2500k bulb but I honestly don't want to install it if the same **** is going to happen again. I love my fogs a lot, its a huge accent piece for my car so I use them all the time at night. I'm probably going to have lexan lenses soon.

I know that the lenses are cheap and break easily.. but seriously this is the 2nd time I've had a bulb explode. I think I'm going to put in the stock fog bulb and see what happens. At least this way I'll have at least one working set of yellow bulbs. Thank god I have 2 sets of regular fogs bulbs just laying around.

Just had to vent.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
i hear that man, my suggestion is not to do the lexan thing. it melts really easy, ive beent triyng to find an extrea set of headlight lenses that are completely clear to replace with instead of lexan, that way it it wont melt.

and im also on the hunt for some projectors to do a retro fit on them..whichever comes first i get

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.