8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a burning clutch more easily with the heat all the way up? today it was like 15 degrees this morning and i had to blast the defroster to get the ice off my windshield. i knocked enough off to be able to drive so i was driving a little with the defroster on full blast and smelled a little burning. my driving wasn't stellar this morning but i don't think i would have burned the clutch enough to smell it, wondering if it was the clutch or maybe something to do with the heating elements?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
How is it easier to burn a clutch when its cold outside? A burnt clutch happens from to much heat created by to much friction. If its cold outside, like 15, that would help combat the heat that burns the clutch. I'm sure its just your heater. Maybe you have something on your heater core that is burning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.