8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pretty good deal on work wheels, they are 16x7 with a 42 offset

what are a good tire size for these?

also can someone chop these if possible on a asm coupe si with hfp kit

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
u know u can effectively shorten your gear ratio, just by getting shorter rim/tire height.
SO you do that by getting a smaller rim, getting a lower profile tire.
I think by doing this, you ll gain more performance then a CAI, cat back, or whatever other bolt ons you guys do.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
no, but only because its too hard to find 8" width or larger. i certainly wouldt buy it "just because its works" (or any other JDM bling)

u know u can effectively shorten your gear ratio, just by getting shorter rim/tire height.
SO you do that by getting a smaller rim, getting a lower profile tire.
I think by doing this, you ll gain more performance then a CAI, cat back, or whatever other bolt ons you guys do.
how will SHORTENING your gear ratio INCREASE performance?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
shortening gear ratios mean shifts would stay more in the optimal RPM range--but you'd need to go w/ a pretty tiny wheel to make a difference... and by then you'd get different problems that would offset the shorter gears.

I recommend against the 16" Works. Those Works already look small on 17" rims, if you go 16" they'll look tiny to the point of being goofy. Also, 16" isn't always better for track performance. Too much sidewall and you get too much flex and slower response.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.