8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say the dealership didn't have the exact options/color that you wanted..usually they offer to dealer trade before ordering one. would you ever take a dealer traded car? What if they guaranteed you low mileage on the car?

why or why not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
i did. They told me they were going to order one and have it delevered on the truck, but if i wanted them to look at other dealers and find on they would. I said yes and they found it in 3 days. My car was probably on a couple test drives before they brought it to my dealer, but i dont care. It was in perfect condition with 79 miles on it. I knew i was going to beat on it anyway and thats what it was built for in the first place so how much harm realy could have been done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,322 Posts
My FA5 was a dealer trade because the dealer I was working with did not have TW on the lot or one coming anytime soon. Think of it like this the car has to go through PDI twice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
02civicsi said:
My FA5 was a dealer trade because the dealer I was working with did not have TW on the lot or one coming anytime soon. Think of it like this the car has to go through PDI twice.
yeah, the white is tough to get a hold of. do you have any pics of yours?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,322 Posts
I have some old ones but will have new pics after this weekend. I'll post the new ones up after I give her a FULL detail on Saturday. Unless you could care less than I'll post what I have now then then the new ones after this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Was open to a dealer trade for the color I wanted (NHBP) for the 07 model. Only 1 out of 6 dealerships near my area had it but they wouldn't budge off of MSRP (probably because they knew they were the only one that had it). Got a great price quoted from a dealership two hours away, gave them a deposit and told them to find my car. Three weeks later, they still couldn't find it and the 08s were announced.

Decided to wait a little longer for the 08s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
02civicsi said:
I have some old ones but will have new pics after this weekend. I'll post the new ones up after I give her a FULL detail on Saturday. Unless you could care less than I'll post what I have now then then the new ones after this weekend.
yeah, if you could post what you have. I need some more pics to convince me further to go w/ white :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
SiFever said:
say the dealership didn't have the exact options/color that you wanted..usually they offer to dealer trade before ordering one. would you ever take a dealer traded car? What if they guaranteed you low mileage on the car?

why or why not?
Why not? The miles would be a tiny percentage of the total that would be put on the car. My Dad owned a car dealership and we went on dealer trades all the time. It's no big deal, we'd do whatever it took to take care of the customer.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
71,986 Posts
i did a dealer trade on my accord and will never do it again. i plan on getting an FA5 and have made this well known in my negotiations. no dealer trades and no test drives on the future cars i buy. may try and put a deposit down to secure this.

reason being, when i got my 04 accord they did a dealer trade, i never saw the car until i had already bought it. yes, my fault. I had to take it in the next day to have a scratch fixed and something else that i noticed after i drove off the lot. the paper process and waiting for the car had me at the dealership for 5 hours so when it finally arrived it was after 9 and i couldn't see the car that great in the dark. when i finally saw it in the light i noticed some flaws that may have deterred me from that exact car.

i learned sometime later via a paint depth device and a friend that my car had already had a panel repainted from being a "dock repair".

from now on i will be inspecting the car i am looking at before i sign papers, otherwise you don't know exactly what you are getting and will be stuck with it.

i was also a little bummed that when i did get my car, it had 70 something miles on it. who knows what the shuttle guy did before i got it.

hope this info helps someone else.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top