8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering purchasing a new 2007 NHBP Si Sedan. I am 17, so this will be my first car. I am looking for a car that is practical, fun, good on gas, and Aesthetically pleasing, and that is the Si. In car magazines, the Si is highly praised. However, I have read a lot of posts here, and it sounds as if the car is not what the "press" makes it out to be. I have read of many issues, such as the rev-hanging, suspension popping, the mtf fluid, ect. Should I be concerned? I am still in High School, and have a part time job, so I will not have a ton of extra money to be paying for all kinds of repairs (or is that kind of stuff covered by a warranty?). Is every Si affected by these issues? (except the rev-hanging, I'm sure that is) I probably wouldn't put any aftermarket parts on until I pay off the car, and even then I would only put on rims or something. My alternative to the Si is the 2.5 Altima Sedan. I guess the real question here is, Would you buy the Si again?

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
I haven't had to take my car in for repairs once since I bought it. The majority of Si's come from the factory in awesome condition. The only thing you will want to consider doing soon is change the transmission fluid and possibly get corsport shifter cable bushings if your car experiences th 3rd gear grind often.

I wouldn't buy an Si again, but only because I hope that by the time I'm done with my current Si, I can afford a real sports car like a Camaro.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Celcius said:
I can afford a real sports car like a Camaro.
stop it, :rotfl: stop it:rotfl:

my sides are hurting i laughed so hard

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know I would, I've had mine for almost a year (October) I just passed 10,000ml a couple of weeks ago and this Is also my "actual" first car. I think Its exactly what the magazines say about It. "Begs to be driven."

I've had NO problems or bugs on her except the transmission thing but you can just put amsoil or something better like that and that will fix that. Yeah most of the bug or issues that most people say they have should be covered under your warranty.

This car was exactly what I was looking for, In my price range, good on gas, fun to drive, great handling, plenty of aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Cruzz21 said:
I know I would, I've had mine for almost a year (October) I just passed 10,000ml a couple of weeks ago and this Is also my "actual" first car. I think Its exactly what the magazines say about It. "Begs to be driven."

I've had NO problems or bugs on her except the transmission thing but you can just put amsoil or something better like that and that will fix that. Yeah most of the bug or issues that most people say they have should be covered under your warranty.

This car was exactly what I was looking for, In my price range, good on gas, fun to drive, great handling, plenty of aftermarket parts.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skylinegtr06 said:
17 with an SI? Are your parents going to help pay for it?
Well...My parents have invested almost all of my money that I have gotten ever since I was born and I have been working for over a year now, so I am almost there. I will have to finance a small portion, and I can make the monthly payments with my job. And thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am on my second SI. When I was 17 my parents said that If i got a scholarship, They would buy me a car. I got one, and picked a 2000 black SI.
I had it for 6 years. When I graduated college, I got a crapy job and decided to treat myself to a new Si. I bought a 2006 HRP Si. I had this one for almost a year. I am 23 now, and even though I love the car, I think its time to trade her in. An SI at 17 is a very fortunate situation to be in. You are lucky.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.