8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking around pictures of galaxy grey metallic Civic's last night and came across a slightly modified Civic Si Sedan that was really nice and clean - I loved the looks. I have the 06 Civic Sedan BUT an EX model with an automatic which sucks (for the sport aspect). Right now my car is bone stock and I kinda want the handling stuff that comes with the Si. Obviously the R18 is not as powerful as the K20 and I am not chasing power on the R18 as it pulls amazing due to great maintenance. I wouldn't throw any "mods" in the car other than maybe lightweight pulleys because it wont hurt the engine and it needs it.

I would love to put the OEM 06-08 Si rims on my car along with a tint job that looks nice but also on a legal level. MAYBE I could throw in lowering springs that will slightly lower the car a bit but its kinda funny because I already thinks my car is low enough being the stock components. Would you guys think this is an ok idea for a non-Si and just want this for the looks and feel? It really does suck to not just buy an Si right out the bat but I got like 5 good reasons to not buy one and keep the current EX that I have. I hope you guys can put me on this because something of me making it look like a "fake Si" doesn't seem right with me.

What I have right now (not my legit car):

And what I want - its very clean and suttle. I will NOT include the Si wing. I do have a ducktail spoiler from the dealer install in 2006.

Please give me some impute guys lol.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'd say go for the SI wheels and tint if that's what you want. The SI wheels definitely look cooler than the EX wheels. I personally wouldn't mess with lowering springs. I like things to be oem.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol some guy on reddit replied to this and said that its cringey to see "fake Si's" as a real Si owner so I don't know it I want to do this lmao. After all, I rarely see 8th gen Si's here in Ohio - some are clapped from rust and some are wringed out. I might just throw in the Si wheels just to have an improvement on cornering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think it would look great. I don't worry about what others think about my car I do it the way I want it. After all it will be you who drives it. A lot of people hate on my mugen replica wing because it's so massive one guy even called it a buzzards roost lol but I like it.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
You have no idea how many times Si wheels would pop-up on FB marketplace tempting me to purchase them. However, I have other priorities which is why I haven't done so. As far as being looked upon as a "poser", screw them. I drive like a 99 year grandfather, and would continue to do so even if I DID have an Si. Go ahead and do what you want, it's your car. I mod my car, but most of my mods look factory (I have retrofits HID projectors which are basically the only sure-fire way to tell there are any modifications to the car). Adding Si wheels would be cool, I know functionality will not improve at all, but it would make me happy.

Reminds me of my 4Runner, which is modded up. To a layman, you can't tell anything was done to it, but are are tons of mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What’s up brother. Yeah I say go with the wheels. They make the car look nice. You can also purchase some coilovers to improve handling and lower the car . Also purchase the Si sway bars to improve handling.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As long as you don't put SI badges on I don't see any problem. I've seen several R18's with SI wheels.
I'm definitely not that guy to do that to a non-Si. I'm an all motor type of guy but an R18 is not really a motor to mess with because its an economy engine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Until I get another car as a "fun" car, i'm stuck with my EX and don't plan to sell it either since I dumped quite a lot of money on maintenance and like how it drives....well somewhat. I will probably go ahead and do it either way since I don't really care about other peoples opinions and plus, there wouldn't be much "Si" on my car other than just the wheels. Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I can't really tell its an Si....... I like it :) I just wish it was a real Si with the K20 smh. Finding a very clean and unmodified 06-08 Sedan Si with the Galaxy Grey Metallic paint job that's not peeling and one without the grind is very hard to come by these days for a good price under $6k.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've only seen Si's on the road with colors of red or dark grey which is strange. I only saw one in galaxy grey.

Some people might be butthurt but I can't please everyone :) I like to throw my car in corners.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan
72 Posts
Yeah I say go for it! Si wheels can be had for cheap. If you wanted to add a little more personal touch you could always go with aftermarket wheels as well.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah I say go for it! Si wheels can be had for cheap. If you wanted to add a little more personal touch you could always go with aftermarket wheels as well.
Thanks man! On my car I think the factory Si wheel is perfect - its my personal taste.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... make it the way you want it. drive it and enjoy it.
MPO is a like the look.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... make it the way you want it. drive it and enjoy it.
MPO is a like the look.
I know I will do this..... I sunk too much money and work to just get rid of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts