8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I buy a 2014 used HondaI from a private party does the warranty move over? Does the warranty change at all?

Also, even if I bought a new Honda from the dealership, I live 4 hours away from the nearest dealership. If I had any problem that should be covered by warranty, do I have to go to a Honda dealership to get it fixed?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
If I recall the warranty should transfer over to it's new owner. It will transfer and not reset or anything like that. so if it only has three years left that is what you get.

And yes you have to go through Honda to get a warranty claim. Although if you have a shop that is certified to work on Honda's through Honda then it may apply? However that would be a case by case determination.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
All original factory warranties apply to the car, regardless of ownership, unless Honda chooses to void them, as in cases of flood damage or total loss.

All Honda warranty work must be performed at an authorized Honda service facility, i.e. Honda dealership. There are no exceptions to this rule, so if you do purchase this car, I would recommend purchasing a Honda Care Extended Service Contract, which will cover all towing fees to the nearest Honda dealership, in the event that your vehicle has an issue that prevents you from driving it in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like has been stated before. 3yr/36k bumper to bumper and 5yr/60k powertrain stays with the vehicle. Extended warranties need to be transferred.

You also get a 5yr/unlimited mileage against rust/corrosion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts