8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Civic LX Coupe
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m fine with getting clowned on the internet hence why I’ve decided to post here before I go to a car meet myself but I’ve been wanting to go to one for a bit but I’ve had car issues and just recently had new tailights to replace the cracked ones I used to have and a bumper that doesn’t fit snug or color match . I’m also on stock ride height and I’m just wondering if I’d get absolutely shat on for having a somewhat shitty ride

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
No offense but you probably will. Actually if you slapped some lowering springs it would look pretty nice for what it is. Monster truck height it just looks weird. After all its your car and you can do whatever to it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You have a nice clean ride there. I agree with FD 7683 about the springs. Tien make some great lowering springs that only drop you 1 inch and are a little stiffer than stock (green S Techs). A 1 inch drop will not require any camber kits or adjustable sway bar links. It will make the stance just about perfect, improve handling, and it you dont have to modify anything else until your ready.

You may want to look at a larger front lip to offset the rear wing. I like to balance my car when possible. For instance you have a the rear visor and wing making the rear look larger from the side view. A front lip that is larger and sticks out more than stock should help with the "flow". Just a thought though. Do whatever your own sense of style tells you to do. Look at what some of the people are doing with there cars for inspiration as well.

Any true car person will not **** on your ride. There are lots of styles in the car world I dont like but I appreciate the effort, time, ingenuity and vison it takes to modify a car. Take your car if you want. **** 'em. If you are not happy the look of your car then wait until you get to a point you are.

I see your from PA. Look up a car club in your area. This site might have some listed. Join a club and get out there. Life is way to short to worry about what people think, especially strangers. .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Car meets - antique shows are very popular here, also include motorcycles - I own 3 vintage motorcycles, early 1970's Yamaha 2 Stroke Enduro's (RT2, DT2, LT3) They are not perfect, but they run like new with regular plates and pass state inspection. I took them to a show and laughed and made fun of them cause they didn't have "Antique Plates" and shinny chrome , but the other bikes there didn't even run but they got all the attention cause they looked nice and shinny.
In my state guys only get the antique plates cause they don't require the state inspection, you can get antique plates for a piece of sh*t car with a cracked frame that's unsafe to be on the road, the antique plate - title system is abused by making a sh*t vehicle road legal.
Antique plates are just a cover up , believe me that car is a piece of sh*t, pretty on the outside, sh*t on the inside!
It's only about looks !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts