8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My hybrid has the 160 watt lame ass speakers and i have a JL w6 with a kenwood 720 watt amp in the back and that factory head unit is not taking full advantage of a w6, is it worth getting the bass speaker system upgrade from honda for 365? or can i get some after marker speakers and amp for around that price?

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid - Accessory Detail - the Official Honda Web Site

*edit*

i forgot to mention i have the navigation system and i really don't wanna get rid of my controls and stuff. So should i just get an amp to boost the power coming from the stock head unit along with some decent interior speakers?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't think it's worth $365 bucks. I had the premium sound system on my EX and it sounded alright for a stock setup but I don't think you'd get the most out of your JL and the Kenwood. You could get much more with $365 rather than the Honda "Premium" bass system. I would get a decent, brand new head unit and with the extra cash, get some decent interior speakers. It will make a HUGE difference compared to the stock 160 watt one. Use the Kenwood to power sub or use it to power the 4 interior speakers.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Get a new Headunit. With $365 you could get a sweet new head unit or spend like 200 on one and have some left over for speakers.

If your like me after getting a new head unit the sound difference will be enough that you won't care about getting new speakers.

That Honda setup isn't going to make your radio sound any cleaner or louder, it's just going to add a bit more bass from the rear, but since you have a sub already, it's worthless in your situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts