8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comptech Supercharger.....Ok i have done the research know the product. Now i ask... Is it really truely worth the money... Or am i better off putting a down payment on another car down the road with the money... i mean is it worth it if i plan on keeping the car. I guess the only real way of knowing is owning one but i would hope you guys can help me out a little bit... IS IT WORTH IT????

·
Registered
200 Posts
With this economy, I dont think its worth it to getting any other cars ATM. Wait til 2009 ends then you can start investing in another car. But in the meantime a C/T Supercharger is worth it IMO especially if your car is a DD like me. A little more kick, with 1-2 miles less on MPG but still offer good MPG down the line. Why not? And its 99.9% safe.... I would say go for it. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
716 Posts
i love mine. i was goin to get a new car but i mean WTF 3gs and have a fast @ss civic. and think about it. u could always take it off and sell the car and S/C separate. But man i would advise u to take a ride in a s/c civic and i bet u buy it the next day! and its still a DD.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Look at this way, with the economy as crappy as it is its a buyers market for cars. I would use that money for the SC to help with upgrading to whatever car it is you want. Hondas right now are holding their value. I recommend a couple year old car, they would have done most of their depreciation.

I wish I had done this and gotten a 06-07 WRX instead of going turbo.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
Yes it is worth it. We have one on our FG2. The power is linear, the gains are great (especially when coupled with a header/exhaust combo), the parts are reliable and the power is on tap.

If you need one let me know. In fact here is a special you won't see anywhere else. Get a CT S/C kit and a Vibrant Race Header with high flow cat and Vibrant 2.5" Catback for only $4600 shipped to the cont US :dance:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes it is worth it. We have one on our FG2. The power is linear, the gains are great (especially when coupled with a header/exhaust combo), the parts are reliable and the power is on tap.

If you need one let me know. In fact here is a special you won't see anywhere else. Get a CT S/C kit and a Vibrant Race Header with high flow cat and Vibrant 2.5" Catback for only $4600 shipped to the cont US :dance:
haha awesome deal man hope you still got that going on in a couple of months

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i beat z's now and and only a car and a half length behind my buddy's modded srt4 and i feel that with a s/c i will be beating them all day long.. please correct me if i am wrong...
z's are easy to beat with a SC. however a properly driven Z will smoke a bolt on SI anyday of the week. and if your that close to your buddies srt4 then he can't drive.
now with a sc your gonna be alot faster dont get me wrong but you'll have to relearn how to drive it because everything you do now is wrong for a sc car. you will get 0 traction on the street in first gear now matter how you launch. even when i dont launch and just pin it. past 6k my tires break loose in first. you will get signifcantly better from a roll though. or you could spend about the same money on a bone stock sti and put a few bucks in it here or there and have a car with far more potential. but what do i know. i modded my si too :p

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the help.. i like my si though... maybe one day down the line buy a car like that, but i paid my si in full and don't wanna make any sort of payments on another car... i'd rather save up and make my civic nice... i dunno nobody in my town owns a sc'd civic or at least none that i have seen... i think it'd be pretty sweet to surprise some people thinking i own a pos civic and go out and kick some ass... but if i do buy a new car it prob wont be an sti or z, i will go v8... challenger...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.