8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am getting a new 06 Si soon, and I have some questions.

1. Will I be able to get this car under MSRP with carsdirect.com (do you think?), or no matter what will the dealers jack up the prices a lot?

2. How much value do you think it would lose in 7 months assuming 9,000 miles and it is in perfect condition? I'll be trading it in around 7 months from now for an STi or something of that sort.

3. They said if I ORDER it now, it will be here January 1...I imagine it's going to be a very popular car. Think this is true? Should I go to a bigger dealership?

4. Think I'll be able to get one without that freaking wing? :D
Thanks

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Why bother getting one if you are getting an STi in 7 months?

1. I have heard from some folks trying to use carsdirect that deals are not great, though I have concrete links/proof to back this up. Some dealers are going to place an MPA (market price adjustment) on the Si, some with not. In Vegas there are three Honda dealers. One flatly stated they will be adding a $4K premium to the price. As they do this with nearly all of their other Hondas on the lot, this falls right in line for them. They still have a 15 person waiting list for the Si. The second dealer is charging a $1K premium, however, you get a (oooowww) trunk tray and 'paint protection pkg' for this price (garbage). The last is not charging a premium and is a well know dealer for repeat buyers.

2. For depreciation on trade in value the '05 Si, would trade at ~$14K or down $6K (30%). A Civic EX of the same year depreciates somewhat less so probably somewhere in between. (The above example is based on EXCELLENT vehicle condition and will be lower for GOOD or lower condition, per Kelly Blue Book). Of course, in a private sale you are likely to make more money. An additional factor is the Si may still be back ordered for some folks even a half year from now, that may get you more on a private trade, but no bets.

3. Shop around, it is just the smart thing to do (see my example in item #1). You may actually find a dealer that may be getting one of the December Si's that has not been reserved yet. No bets, but shopping is still a good idea.

4. No. I wish I could. I would rather have the low profile lip, or the Spec-A RSX wing seen on the HOnda Si competition pkg at SEMA. That mid-wing is not the greatest.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

My father does not approved of a car over 210 HP so I am getting my own insurance policy when I turn 18 to get an STi (or some car similar).

6k seems like a pretty big hit. I was hoping it would lose $3,000 max. Maybe a lot more for a private party sale?

That's a shame about the wing, I think it would be so much better without it...or just with a lip.

Anyway thanks for the help.

·
Registered
518 Posts
My advice, if u know for sure u gonna get a new car in 7 months dont buy it
You will loose soo much money
Take this from a guy who for some idiotic reason gets a new car every 2 yrs, and looses about 10k off of each car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I thought for a few hours today and doubt I will. I want to test drive it though...it's such an incredible car for the money (I like it far more than an RSX-S, and I used to be an RSX-S fanboy).

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Pastapuck said:
Thanks for the reply.

That's a shame about the wing, I think it would be so much better without it...or just with a lip.

Anyway thanks for the help.
If you get a silver one I will trade you rear deck lids. I have an EX and its just the lip spoiler.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Janizary said:
I wish it was as easy as a simple swap as I am getting Silver and would trade. However, from what folks who have looked into it are saying the mounting for the wing and the lip are different and would leave holes where the wing was.
Im talking about swapping the entire trunk lid. If you get a silver Si and want to do a trunk lid swap we can arrange it just PM me and I will drive to meet you.

·
Registered
594 Posts
here is my plan

1st i am already pissed my dealer didnt order a fiji blue like i wanted. I will wait to see how much they are selling them for. If there is a markup i will smack them in the face and proceed to buy a accord v-6 6speed (since those sell for 100 bucks over Invoice) Im not happy about paying MSRP for a CIVIC.... But i will if i really erally like the fiji blue si.

Not getting a RSX-S due to the fact everyone and their dead grandmothers have one. Thought about a Mini Cooper S but they are too expensive also =P

·
Registered
518 Posts
Kabs said:
here is my plan

1st i am already pissed my dealer didnt order a fiji blue like i wanted. I will wait to see how much they are selling them for. If there is a markup i will smack them in the face and proceed to buy a accord v-6 6speed (since those sell for 100 bucks over Invoice) Im not happy about paying MSRP for a CIVIC.... But i will if i really erally like the fiji blue si.

Not getting a RSX-S due to the fact everyone and their dead grandmothers have one. Thought about a Mini Cooper S but they are too expensive also =P
haahaa kabs
"Thought about a Mini Cooper S but they are too expensive also =P"
:gaygiggle mini cooper is homoriffic :gaygiggle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts