8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Si's have a cloth/material seat. Mine is starting to knap up. I drive it once or twice a week. Took in on a couple of 600 mile road trips in Aug/Sept, only have 4700 miles on in since June 20th. And the seats, drivers and passanger, are knapping up,.. like an old sweater. Any suggestions out there? i am 5'8" and 180lbs. if i have to lose more weight to keep my seats nice i am going to be pissed.
:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
lol im sorry if you take offense but that made my day..

"if i have to lose more weight to keep my seats nice i am going to be pissed."

For some reason i can picture someone saying that to some kid working at a honda dealership and the kid just standing there like umm well sir...lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what!?

JchanFTW said:
Take a suede brush and use a "J" stroke to bring it back up.
who told you about my "J" stroke?!:police: this has now gotten very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Read it up on Honda-tech, This guy restored his yellow ITR seats with that method, and he referred to it as a "J" stroke.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks.

JchanFTW said:
Read it up on Honda-tech, This guy restored his yellow ITR seats with that method, and he referred to it as a "J" stroke.
i am not trying to bring the knap back,.. it is knapping up. getting fuzzy, and looking like an old towel.
can you shoot me a link? i am still interested in any way to take care of this?

ANYONE KNOW OF AN 06/07 SI seat cover that ain't a POS?

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
If you look on eBay, most of the Si's being sold have wear issues on the side bolsters of the seats. You can't miss it. Mine have done it too. It's really disappointing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not side bolsters

Special Ringpop said:
If you look on eBay, most of the Si's being sold have wear issues on the side bolsters of the seats. You can't miss it. Mine have done it too. It's really disappointing.

My seat is knapping up on the ass of the seat. not the sides. i will send pics this weekend,. when i can have some good time/light.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Mine is showing signs of wear already and im at 12,000 miles! our interior fabrics are like mouse fur its so thin that it wears so easily id hate to see what it would look like in 2-5 years from now probably ripped up with foam coming out and **** such disappointing quality from Honda...and the door panel arm rests too are wearing/fading fast and quickly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts