8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 07 lx sedan has less than 7k on the odo, and my arm pad on the door, that has like the felt material on it, is all worn out and turning gray and ****, is anyone else noticing this, it looks terrible.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
crxlvr said:
my 07 lx sedan has less than 7k on the odo, and my arm pad on the door, that has like the felt material on it, is all worn out and turning gray and ****, is anyone else noticing this, it looks terrible.
I'd take it back to the dealership and tell them you want it replaced. How many miles are on it? do you rest your arm there all the time?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7k on the pad i guess, thats what the car has, my arm is not there all the time as i am a huge guy,(6' 2", 300) so sometimes my arm is on the angled piece of the door right below the window.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lol .def bring it back and complain. its an arm pad, they should expect you to put your arm there and should have made it a little more durable. IIRC ,the armrests in all the civics are made of the same material that the SI interior is (except a differecnt color), and i dont see the SI interior fabric lasting very long.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^the OP has a LX, not a SI.

but yea, i wish teh interior looked a little more durable, but sadly it does not. there are plenty of good reasons to get an SI though.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
^the OP has a LX, not a SI.

but yea, i wish teh interior looked a little more durable, but sadly it does not. there are plenty of good reasons to get an SI though.
Yeah, but I doubt they decided to just use better stuff in the Si over the LX...

And I know there are a lot of good reasons to get an Si. I have an RSX-S tho and its really the 'little' things that are making me want an Si anyway... so if there are a bunch of 'little' problems that will offset the 'little' positives, I may have to hang on to the type s.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
IMO it wouldnt seem worth taking a loss to trade to an SI. the rsx has alot of good aftermarket, meanwhile the SI is just at a stand still until a reliable EMS comes out. the little things dont seem worth it. the only major difference would be the LSD.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trust me, i wouldve got the si, but i couldnt afford driving my wife to work everyday since she cant learn to drive stick.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Yeah, sorry for the threadjack.

But like we said, you should probably just take it to the dealer and tell them its absolutely unacceptable at 7K miles.

Anyway, to stay OT :laughing: :

I drive a lot.

To get an Si would be great cause my payments wouldn't be much more than what I'm paying now only I'd get the navigation, cloth seats (a bonus to me in the bitter ass cold) XM, good stock stereo w/aux hookup, HFP kit, possibly HFP rims, 0 miles (meaning warranty), and new everything. It's a hard choice. If I get the right price (what I owe) on my RSX, I'm doin it!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^lol, thats pretty much a loaded SI (no option of leather so it has to be cloth, XM is stock w/ navi). SI w/ navi, lip kit, suspension. the only things left to get are rain guards, all weather floor mats, and the exhaust.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
^lol, thats pretty much a loaded SI (no option of leather so it has to be cloth, XM is stock w/ navi). SI w/ navi, lip kit, suspension. the only things left to get are rain guards, all weather floor mats, and the exhaust.
Yup lol

I think I'll hold off on HFP suspension and exhaust cause those things cost and why finance them if I can just add them later?

The things I MUST have are Navi, lip kit, and fogs.

Then next on the list would be HFP rims, the auto dim mirror

Then after those things comes suspension and muffler (isn't that all the HFP thing is, a muffler...)

I'm pretty sure I can get an 08 NHBP si coupe w/navi, kit, and fogs for the same payments I'm paying on my RSX right now.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:

i have leather Si seats. i had to order them thru honda and wait like a week, but i got them. im just waiting on for some seat locks to come in that i ordered before i put in my seats.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^yea, you can do that. but they are not factory, nor dealer installed accessories. they are just leather seating surfaces that hte dealer has made by an outside company.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
^yea, you can do that. but they are not factory, nor dealer installed accessories. they are just leather seating surfaces that hte dealer has made by an outside company.
I did a search and found a member here that had an HRP Si coupe w/black leather (red stitching) and the Si logo. They were heated and looked AWESOME!

The RSX is my first car w/'leather' seats (and I say 'leather' cause only 1/2 the seat is real leather) and I must say if you are going to have leather, they must be heated.

They're nice, but a good, sturdy cloth seat is much better for not sliding around and for hot/coldness in the environment

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Less than 3k miles on my EX and the arm rest on the door has worn down cloth and the underpadding is mashed down. SAD that my 2001 VW Golf with 130k still looked like new and my 3 month old Hondo is near worn out.

Perhaps a custom upholstery shop could fix it ($$$).

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
ryker said:
Less than 3k miles on my EX and the arm rest on the door has worn down cloth and the underpadding is mashed down. SAD that my 2001 VW Golf with 130k still looked like new and my 3 month old Hondo is near worn out.

Perhaps a custom upholstery shop could fix it ($$$).
Why don't you take this back in?! If I DO get an Si, and the arm rest on the door looks like that after 3, 7, or even 10K miles, I'll be at the dealer with a red face.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts