8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

What to do about the stickers?

• Put them on

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Leave them off

Votes: 15 42.9%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you have time and patients to put the stickers on then do it, but dont get rotas just buy the works. If you want function as well as form then just get the works. Rotas weight more, not that great of knock offs and are all in all a weak rim. This is from a person who had them before when i first started tuning my EG.

Works > rota torques

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
if you have time and patients to put the stickers on then do it, but dont get rotas just buy the works. If you want function as well as form then just get the works. Rotas weight more, not that great of knock offs and are all in all a weak rim. This is from a person who had them before when i first started tuning my EG.
I'm pretty sure Rota Torques weigh less than CR Kai's. Rota's are fine. They had a bad batch with Sub Zeroes, after that they've been pretty trouble-free. For every bent/cracked Rota wheel I could show you threads/stories of bent/cracked Volks.

Edit: I'd leave stickers off. Stickers are becoming passe (Volk is getting into etched logos instead lately). Plus, it's pretty easily to distinguish Rota Torques and CR Kai's, as their shape is a bit different.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm pretty sure Rota Torques weigh less than CR Kai's. Rota's are fine. They had a bad batch with Sub Zeroes, after that they've been pretty trouble-free. For every bent/cracked Rota wheel I could show you threads/stories of bent/cracked Volks.

Edit: I'd leave stickers off. Stickers are becoming passe (Volk is getting into etched logos instead lately). Plus, it's pretty easily to distinguish Rota Torques and CR Kai's, as their shape is a bit different.
I heard they weigh the same...

btw, how heavy are the 18 kai? I can't seem to find any info on it.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
some people have the hardest time staying on topic. I dont care about you thinking I should have got Rotas. I've decided I will likly put the stickers on the lip but not on the center.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
some people have the hardest time staying on topic. I dont care about you thinking I should have got Rotas. I've decided I will likly put the stickers on the lip but not on the center.
Never said Rotas are better. In fact I think CR Kai's look a lot better--Rota can't seem to copy Work Emotions right (Xt7 knock-offs look--well, off). Given the choice between the two I'd get the CR Kai's. But to say Rotas are crap IMO is misleading.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
i also have work cr kai's and i haven't put my stickers on either. i say leave them off because with the sticker, the rims look too cluttered and kind of messy. w/o stickers it looks clean. and ps. the stickers are NOT what make cr kai > torques...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Do the Work stickers stay on? The stickers I put on my last set of Volks peeled off within several months and left little pieces all over. I chose to leave them off my Gram Lights.

I think the lip stickers on the Works look pretty sweet. You can only see them if you look closely and only people that give a crap are going to look closely anyhew.

Edit: Post some pics of the stickers for those of us not familiar with the offerings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.