8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is freaking awesome as hell.

The vibration is very minimal, but the engine is definitely louder. Response is most certainly there and there is a lot more stability in a turn whether letting off or getting on the throttle.

when starting off in 1st it takes a bit more throttle though, and it makes a clutch chatter kind of feel, but my guess for that is the engine doesn't give when the clutch grabs. 1st to 2nd shift is butter smooth at any rpm...

If you thinking about a good, cheap, go fast mod, this should be your next stop if you don't have it.

Losing and regaining traction is not jarring, it's really smooth feeling.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i won't go into details about the headaches i had getting it installed thanks to my NST pulleys, but, it was definitely worth it.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
im so excited to put mine on. unfortunately i wacked a curb yesterday that was hidden under the snow, so now i have to wait till i get my car fixed first...

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Does your car vibrate a heck of a lot when your AC compressor kicks in? My buddy has this on his car and I took it for a drive. The engine barely moves even when it's turning over as you start the car. When the AC compressor starts, the steering column vibrates like hell when the car is in the lower RPMs.

I'm sure my friend has it set too stiff.

·
Registered
442 Posts
This thing is freaking awesome as hell.

The vibration is very minimal, but the engine is definitely louder. Response is most certainly there and there is a lot more stability in a turn whether letting off or getting on the throttle.

when starting off in 1st it takes a bit more throttle though, and it makes a clutch chatter kind of feel, but my guess for that is the engine doesn't give when the clutch grabs. 1st to 2nd shift is butter smooth at any rpm...

If you thinking about a good, cheap, go fast mod, this should be your next stop if you don't have it.

Losing and regaining traction is not jarring, it's really smooth feeling.
At what setting is the stiffness set? 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15mm?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
^^10 MM

I was sick of the vibrations and chatter so i set it to 10mm all the vibrations were eliminated as well as the startup knock. Its a great Mod!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
when i was looking at THmotorsports site, theres the Ingalls powerstick and the Ingalls "Stiffy" anyone know the difference? The price is like 50 dollars apart too...

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the power stick is way stiffer than the torque dampener.

it's a replacement for the dogbone and it's not adjustable.

the torque dampener is adjustable and it's like a hydraulic piston that absorbs all the shock.

and kevin, if you get a supercharger later, you'd REALLY regret not having this thing if you get it later after the supercharger and notice the ridiculous difference.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
the power stick is way stiffer than the torque dampener.

it's a replacement for the dogbone and it's not adjustable.

the torque dampener is adjustable and it's like a hydraulic piston that absorbs all the shock.

and kevin, if you get a supercharger later, you'd REALLY regret not having this thing if you get it later after the supercharger and notice the ridiculous difference.
awsome thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
is there any downsides to having one? My s2k friend said somethign about it putting more stress on the other engine mounts, anyone know of this? Could be an s2k thing aswell.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmmm. I wouldn't know anything about that. It attaches the motor mount to the chassis on one side is all it does.

They sell one for the s2k, but the s2k doesn't need it.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK i talked to a guy up front with a turbocharged motor swapped hatch. He said it does put a lot of stress on the rear motor mounts under the motor.

He had one on his hatch, launched it and split the stock motor mounts in half instantly on his car.

He said to just put it as loose as it can go, then adjust it little by little with some help from someone else while you look at how the motor moves, and adjust it until the motor doesn't really move anymore.

If you put it too stiff he said the motor pushes on the stiffy and tries to curl under and blows the rear motor mounts.

Either that or get polyurethane inserts.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
^exactly what i was gonna say.

And for the people that start to install it, dont mess with it till its on, then adjust it. Or the you'll **** it up.

I have one downstairs most likely wont be using it.. :[ doesnt fit with my s/cr

1 - 20 of 76 Posts