8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
you said the check engine light came on before try pulling code to see if there is history code. I am a honda tech at a dealer and no it doesnt sound like a starter to me. Is the green key light on the dash flashing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
no the green key doesnt stay on and i tryed hooking up a code reader and it wouldnt read all the systems in the car but its a cheap code reader so it could be that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i try to start it and it will crank and then fire but wont start. it seems like it wants to start but just wont iv changed the battery terminals the battery, spark plugs the coils are good i tested those fuelpump is working i dont get it

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had the similiar issue had to reprogram
The immobolizer i was also getting fuel and my car would start for 2 seconds and get cut off and then all it did was crank crank crank .

·
Registered
6 Posts
had similar issue with 8th gen civic. no dash lights, car starts and dies, and sometimes does not crank at all.

FIRST, check inside fuse box fuse #10 (METER) that signals ECM. Replace with new one. Also, remove any LED signal, Reverse bulbs if you recently put on because that must be the cause of blown fuse. Mine was due to LED reverse bulbs and problem happened after more than a month of bulbs install. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2010 Si sedan 86k for sale
56 Posts
i try to start it and it will crank and then fire but wont start. it seems like it wants to start but just wont iv changed the battery terminals the battery, spark plugs the coils are good i tested those fuelpump is working i dont get it
Sounds like my issue, what was it?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts