8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have an comptech supercharged 07 civic si last week i drove from my parents house to a couple stores it started just fine. went to walmart came out after 15min and my car wouldnt start. iv changed the battery and the sparkplugs, and the fuel pump relay. the fuel pump works the ingnition coils are good it wont start it turns over but wont start if the car sits for w few day it almost starts and the dies iv tried useing starting fluid but still nothing witch leads me to believe its something electrical. anyone have any ideas what else it could be ?

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,929 Posts
Any Check engine lights? Do you have spark if you pull a coil and spark plug and try to crank it out of the cylinder? do you have fuel pressure. Has anything changed with the car very recently?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Which management are you using for tune??? if you crank over several time it can burn the ecu, reason I'm saying my friend had turbo type r, had same issue we couldn't get it to start but later we find out aem ecu was burned after million cranks. Try different ecu just to make sure.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
FWIW- I recently swapped in the S2 intake mani and Boomba fuel rail; the new IM did not have a point to attach the fuel rail ground wire where the stock one does. I discovered that the car absolutely will not start if that fuel rail is not adequately grounded *to the car* (I did- in desperation- actually try grounding it to the actual mother-trucking GROUND with a length of chain).

I ran a wire to the battery ground terminal, and it started right up, died immediately if that wire is "un-grounded". So there's something to maybe look at. If that's not it, I do wish you luck otherwise, I know how that sucks.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,929 Posts
Which management are you using for tune??? if you crank over several time it can burn the ecu, reason I'm saying my friend had turbo type r, had same issue we couldn't get it to start but later we find out aem ecu was burned after million cranks. Try different ecu just to make sure.
He is probably using flashpro with his CT sc kit haven't heard of anyone blowing the Stock ECU from cranking

FWIW- I recently swapped in the S2 intake mani and Boomba fuel rail; the new IM did not have a point to attach the fuel rail ground wire where the stock one does. I discovered that the car absolutely will not start if that fuel rail is not adequately grounded *to the car* (I did- in desperation- actually try grounding it to the actual mother-trucking GROUND with a length of chain).

I ran a wire to the battery ground terminal, and it started right up, died immediately if that wire is "un-grounded". So there's something to maybe look at. If that's not it, I do wish you luck otherwise, I know how that sucks.
Defiantly something to look at but you can start this car without this being grounded i did it on accident.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its the flash pro from ct its getting spark ,coils are good just put new sparkplugs in and nothing i havent check for compression yet. yeah i noticed a few time when i started the car before it wouldnt start the check engine light came on and the vsa light came on then if would go off after about a half hour of driving

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,929 Posts
How did you check for spark or how do you know its getting spark? Id check to see if your getting fuel then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im getting fuel i took one of the fuel lines off the one right before the injectors and turned the car to the on position and the fuel pump primed and shot fuel out the opened lini use a spark tester to test the ignition coils and they were getting spark i took out the spark pugs and they looked pretty beat the one wosent firing at all cut you could smell the gas on it so i replaced the spark plugs and it still wouldn't start

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
could it be the starter its turning over but wont start its getting gas i called a honda dealer and on of their techs thinks its the starter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah it cranks and stays cranking thats why it didnt make sense a honda tech would say its the starter

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the key has a chip In it sometimes it could be the key. Ive had that happen before. It's worth a shot. If you have an extra key try that and see If it works.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If the key has a chip In it sometimes it could be the key. Ive had that happen before. It's worth a shot. If you have an extra key try that and see If it works.
Yeah that's a good idea and could definitely get over looked.I had that issue with a Jeep liberty got a new Key started right up

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ive had problems with my fuel system getting vapor locked. In my case, I pull the fuel line off the top of the sending unit to relieve pressure then plug it back in and the car starts. Until it get parked again.. fml.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts