8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LX coupe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I recently put on the weapon*r intake manifold and torque solution throttle body spacer with the thermal gaskets for both along with a set of the 410cc rdx injectors in hopes of maybe making a bit more power but now the car won't start. Before installing, the car would start up and run just fine with the dc sports sri but now it won't turn over. Is it possible that I need a new base map just to get the car started or maybe all of these mods aren't compatible together? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Aside from putting the stock stuff back on, I'm not trynna do that lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Soo I recently put on the weapon*r intake manifold and torque solution throttle body spacer with the thermal gaskets for both along with a set of the 410cc rdx injectors in hopes of maybe making a bit more power but now the car won't start. Before installing, the car would start up and run just fine with the dc sports sri but now it won't turn over. Is it possible that I need a new base map just to get the car started or maybe all of these mods aren't compatible together? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Aside from putting the stock stuff back on, I'm not trynna do that lol
I would start with installing the stock injectors. See what happens with that 1st. Mass air flow sensor connected correctly? Just double check everything.

·
Registered
2006 LX coupe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would start with installing the stock injectors. See what happens with that 1st. Mass air flow sensor connected correctly? Just double check everything.
Okay, I'll do that. Thank you. Yea all sensors and lines are connected correctly to my knowledge lol

WIthout a tune, the injectors will be giving it too much fuel. Its probably too rich to start.
Ahh Okay. I was thinking it'd be too lean on stock injectors which is why I put on the bigger ones when I did everything else. So this is probably a silly question but why can't I just get a tune right now with the bigger injectors already on?

·
Registered
2006 LX coupe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You definitely can get a tune right now with the injectors in. You just need to have a Hondata Flashpro or another tuning device.
Yea that's what I thought. I have Hondata and I seen the map for the injectors but I couldn't quite figure it out lol so I just put in the stock injectors and imma get a tune tomorrow.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you put in the 410 injectors but didn't change anything in flashpro that's why you can't put in injectors and start your car and just start driving. You need to change your deadtimes, cranking fuel and fuel maps. Id put in the stock injectors honestly because putting in bigger injectors doesn't mean you'll make more power like if you're running 500cc injectors and decide to put in 750cc injectors you won't gain power from that at all the only time you'll make more power is if your injectors are maxed out at 100-110% duty cycle then it's time to upgrade to bigger injectors. The oem injectors are able to go up to about 250whp I know because my first tune my car made 250whp and was on stock injectors even though they were maxed at 110% I've since upgraded them and went flex fuel as well. I'd put oem injectors back on and it should start right up however you need to get hondata flashpro and get a tune to get the most from your intake but you'll only probably gain a couple horsepower if that. If you want to use upper 410 injectors you'll definitely need flashpro and a tune 100% as putting in injectors and not tuning them in you can blow your motor doing that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do you have hondata?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Okay, I'll do that. Thank you. Yea all sensors and lines are connected correctly to my knowledge lol

Ahh Okay. I was thinking it'd be too lean on stock injectors which is why I put on the bigger ones when I did everything else. So this is probably a silly question but why can't I just get a tune right now with the bigger injectors already on?
You can, but if it won’t turn on, and you don’t have a trailer to take it to a tuner shop, then you will need hondata. Either way you’re paying upwards of 600-800 for the tune, so might as well get hondata and then get it tuned by someone for ~300-400

·
Registered
143 Posts
He needs hondata flashpro to get it tuned either way most tuners don't have the shop version of flashpro they all require you to have flashpro. You can find them used for 3-400$ I just seen 2 for sale on a group in Facebook I think it was called honda tuning forum I before or honda ecu tuners the guy was asking 300 each otherwise brands new they are 790$. A dyno tune is usually 5-600$ vs a etune is around 300 and for just a Sri and injectors I'd get an etune to save some money. Goodluck

·
Registered
2006 LX coupe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: I drove to Erick's Racing Engines in Baldwin Park, CA for the tune on stock injectors. When I got there, they let me put in the 410cc injectors and of course it didn't start but after he took a look at it, he determined that the pins weren't making good contact and gave me the option of splicing the wires but I didn't really wanna do that so I just swapped back in the stock injectors and we continued on. While the car was on the dynapack, he also made notice that the passenger side wheel bearing was no good and said that it might take away from the power that can be produced but assured me that we can still do the tune. Some time passed and $550 later the tune was done. When driving away the check engine light came on and was running kind of limp, couldn't really go past 3500 rpm. Took it right back and he cleared the check engine light right away and it hasn't come back on after multiple drives. Car feels a bit more peppy, sounds pretty cool with the induction noises and what not. Gained some hp but I lost some torque. Definitely puts a smile on my face though so I'm happy with it ahaa

Font Audio equipment Electronic device Machine Technology

This is the link to the 410cc injectors I had gotten: 4pcs Acura RDX 410cc Fuel Injectors w/Plug & Play Adapters for Honda

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd send them back because now you'd have to pay for another tune to have the injectors customized as you have to customize the deadtimes, cranking fuel and fuel maps. I'm surprised you lost torque usually you gain torque and hp when you upgrade a part but at least you got a tune. As far as limp mode goes something probably came unplugged and he cleared the cels and plugged it back in and that's why. Good to hear!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Is this a Si or R18?? Yea if you upgrade injectors period then you need a tune. Car will not crank without a tune on bigger injectors as you found out. If your not doing actual mods besides full bolt on tune you don’t need bigger injectors or a fuel
Pump. When your ready to make actual power supercharger or turbocharger then we talking. A lot of people do pointless mods that will not benefit them or the car.

·
Registered
2006 LX coupe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd send them back because now you'd have to pay for another tune to have the injectors customized as you have to customize the deadtimes, cranking fuel and fuel maps. I'm surprised you lost torque usually you gain torque and hp when you upgrade a part but at least you got a tune. As far as limp mode goes something probably came unplugged and he cleared the cels and plugged it back in and that's why. Good to hear!
It might be too late to send them back ahaa but I'll look into it. I know, I'm a little bummed about the torque but it's okay. Yea it was weird but it hasn't happened again and the car is driving fine still. Thank you man.

Glad you got it sorted!
Thank you so much!

Is this a Si or R18?? Yea if you upgrade injectors period then you need a tune. Car will not crank without a tune on bigger injectors as you found out. If your not doing actual mods besides full bolt on tune you don’t need bigger injectors or a fuel
Pump. When your ready to make actual power supercharger or turbocharger then we talking. A lot of people do pointless mods that will not benefit them or the car.
This is R18 lol

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
It might be too late to send them back ahaa but I'll look into it. I know, I'm a little bummed about the torque but it's okay. Yea it was weird but it hasn't happened again and the car is driving fine still. Thank you man.

Thank you so much!

This is R18 lol
And I have a fully built boosted R18. If you going this route with any car no need to do pointless mods unless you adding boost

1 - 16 of 16 Posts