8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some first week impressions.

-Stopping requires less effort. much less. You do not need to press the pedal very hard at all and it is nice and smooth.

-No more over-active ABS. Maybe it was just me, but I was feeling the ABS hit when I wasn't in any kind of short stop situation and not even stepping on them that hard. To be honest I'm not sure if I even have ABS anymore (I wouldn't mind) I have not felt it once since the install. The kit says abs compatiable, but again, I haven't been in a spot where the car needed it yet either. Edit: I still have ABS

-These ******* are loud. not super loud, but when you go from 0 brake noise to a noticable amount it seems like a lot. not screeching but just audible braking.

I am very anxious to get back to the track (i refuse untill it drops under 90) because I thought this car braked poorly in the 1320's.

All in all I love them. not six piston ferrari brakes by anymeans, but a very nice upgrade to what i felt was a shitty braking system to begin with.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
How much was that kit $800? +1 rep for you, thanks for being the guine (sp) pig.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
any pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts