8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
4321 - 4340 of 4425 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's complete! And amazing. I will post pictures soon. Below is the official post from Kings blog about the entire process. I am hitting a little over 320 hp tuned on 91 octane (stock exhaust), however I'm going back Friday to get retuned on 93 octane. Still pulls HARD. :vtec:

King Motorsports Official Blog | Pics from the Shop: 8th Gen Civic Si Kraftwerks Supercharger Install
Sounds like KW brought their A game. What psi was that at? All stock exhaust and such is great. My body loves that. I really don't want to change my exhaust for sound reasons. I love sounding like a regular everyday car. Any plans there??

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds like KW brought their A game. What psi was that at? All stock exhaust and such is great. My body loves that. I really don't want to change my exhaust for sound reasons. I love sounding like a regular everyday car. Any plans there??
I am hitting 11 psi, when revving to 8500! Truth be told, I love the stock exhaust too - and I wish I could stay with it. The K series loves to breath, and this kit exploits just that. While tuning/daily driving the car and kit, you can almost feel the back pressure the stock system is holding back. It's almost harder to tune. Think: with a race header and 3" exhaust too, I'd be able to get close to 400 wheel hp! Nuts. Because I'd like to keep the FA5 quieter, I'm looking at the Invidia q300 exhaust - although I've heard mixed reviews. We'll see.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Them re perfect numbers being in a fwd car. Im having issues with my tune as well. But I think its my error. I agree with the 3 inch and breathing. The 300 is 2.75 though. Im thinking full race with two resonators....? Might ya try something like that?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Them re perfect numbers being in a fwd car. Im having issues with my tune as well. But I think its my error. I agree with the 3 inch and breathing. The 300 is 2.75 though. Im thinking full race with two resonators....? Might ya try something like that?
Possibly. I'd hate to spend 600 bucks on a full cat back exhaust only to chop it up. Plus ill be going with the skunk2 Alpha header, which leaves even less room for resonators. We'll see. I've heard the Thermal R&D exhaust is real similar to the Full Race, but less raspier.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Question for you guys. Do you hate or like the 9th gen civics? I know this is 8th gen but just asking the question.

Sent from my SCH-I605
I love the interior, and connectivity (bluetooth, power meter, etc). I prefer the 8th gen though otherwise. I do know a few people with the 9th gen, and some say they do burn oil. I'm fairly positive they don't abuse the car, either. Idk. :coffee:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I love the interior, and connectivity (bluetooth, power meter, etc). I prefer the 8th gen though otherwise. I do know a few people with the 9th gen, and some say they do burn oil. I'm fairly positive they don't abuse the car, either. Idk. :coffee:
Only real reason I ask is because I was a 8th gen owner and got a 9th gen now. I feel like every time I see a 8th they try and race me or are just not friendly when all I want to do it be friendly to other civic owners Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605

·
Registered
140 Posts
I loved my 9th gen civic. In side it was put together better I feel. My issue for departing from it was that I had previously owned a 2011 8th gen so I felt that I missed out on a lot when I had to buy 9th due to my accident.

Im glad I did do what I did though. New found respect to all civics. 9th is a great everyday car. But the 8th just has something

4321 - 4340 of 4425 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.