8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have put in my Eagle Eye LED Tails I have gotten a couple request's on how I wired them up.

So I thought this might help you guys who are trying to do it and having problems.

I did this after they were in so I am not going to go through the whole procedure on how to install them, that is posted elsewhere.

You should have them installed before you try to wire them though as the lights use the ground bolts instead of the wires in the plugs to ground and they may not work right until they are grounded.

Once you have them in you will use the side marker Bulb and Socket and the Reverse Bulb and socket and plug those into the according holes.

This is where it gets tricky.

You will be left with two plugs, the Brake/Tail light Plug which is the Brown one and the Turn Signal Plug which is the Gray one.

Remove the bulbs from these and put the plugs from the Eagle Eyes in the Bulb Socket.

They have to go in a certain way to work right.

Here's some pics showing how they go.

Notice where the relationship to the tab on the plug and the wires are.

If you get it backwards they will not work right.

(left side)

(right side)

(right side Turn Signal plug)

(Showing taped up Ballast)

I just taped up what I assume is a ballasted of some kind to stop it from flopping around.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
406 Posts
You should have them installed before you try to wire them though as the lights use the ground bolts instead of the wires in the plugs to ground and they may not work right until they are grounded.
what do you mean by the ground bolts? is it an extra wire rather than the 4 wires from the oem taillights?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do you mean by the ground bolts? is it an extra wire rather than the 4 wires from the oem taillights?
Supposedly it uses the mounting bolts for a ground.

Also I just realized I should have some pictures of the actual plug into the socket.
I will see if I can take them apart and take some if some one is still having trouble hooking them up right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That red strip on the ballasted is a double sited tape, you can take it off and you stick it on to the frame no need for tape

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just ordered tail lights like these from ebay... is it a hard installation or no
Not bad. You have to pull the bumper out to get to the screw underneath the tail light. Then look at the plugs closely cause they go in more than one way. It won't work right if you get them in the wrong holes.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
i just got mine on and i love them already..they look so much nicer than stock. ill throw sum pics up on my black si later

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
So the clear section is the reverse lights and the turn signals are red LEDS? I'm curious on how these look lit up.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
yup the clear part is the origonal bulb for reverse on these unless you buy a led for it, and the blinkers are the led strip above where the brake lights are. ill throw sum pics up in a few

1 - 20 of 80 Posts