8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it has been 2 years i have had these wipers on my civic and they're now down to their last breath. Streaks, noises you name the issue and these wipers have it. I really don't want the OEM wipers cause you can get better for less anywhere else but checking at Canadian Tire they don't seem to have for the new model civic, I've asked at 2 different locations and they just don't have them, So i measured the blades and they're 27" driver and 25" Passenger, i went back to Canadian Tire and they have all sizes except for 27" and 25" :SHOCKED:
I then check a sizing chart for rainX wipers and they say the new model civics require 24" inches for both?
Has anyone changed their wipers with non OEM blades yet and if so which ones did you get and from where.
thanks

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
On the new civics you do not replace the whole wiper, only the blade(insert). Honda sells the inserts for... believe it was $8.00 each that I paid for them (could be wrong it was a year ago). Pretty simple to change. I work at a parts store and so far there is no aftermarket wiper available for them that I know of as it is a completely different connection system. I bought an extra set and keep them in with my spare tire just incase I should tear one and I cannot get to a dealer.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
DAM!!!!

they are 4.88 and i havent replaced them on my car in two years why????

I was paranoid that they where $30 each, Hell im willing to change a incert every few months...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Inserts?

well when you guys mean "inserts" are you talking about the 'wiper blade, the typical blade(reflex blades) they sell at Canadian Tire?
I would never replace the actual wiper unless if there was an actual fault with it but the blade i usually change every couple of years. I passed by the Honda dealer this afternoon and they told me that the replacement blades cost $48.95 for the pair. There is no way im paying 50$ for blades.

·
Registered
178 Posts
bought a pair couple days ago, had a little trouble installing them at first, didn't realize the first step was to push the clip in and slide it out, then had hard time figuring out how to take the end clip off to slide the rubber out, after struggling with the end clip i finally figured out how easy it was to get it off, took only about 10 minutes even with my struggles, honestly i felt like a man working on something so small on my own car :D:D:D:D:D

I also followed the manual about taking off the whole arm to replace the rubber insert, the link above the post is sooooooo much quicker....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.