8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone seems to be having some trouble with this so after I finally mine off i figured and tell everyone how it works.

Take a small flathead screw driver and stick it between the wiper arm and the little black cover that's over the hook. Place your fingers on the grips and apply minimal pressure. While doing this gently pry forward away from the arm and towards the center of the car. The Cover will move about a 1/4" you should now be able to lift the cover up and off.

See the plastic hook in the middle of the clip. that is what locks into the silver shoe seen on the wiper blade picture.

To remove the insert itself follow the honda instructions below. Just push down the rub on the blade and slide the insert out. You should be able to fit any refill that is 6mm wide although most this length are 8mm.

You may be able to replace the refill with out removing the blade.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i wonder if the coupe wiper blades can be swapped onto the sedan...it would make for a much easier replacement of the inserts.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the coupe blade connects to the arm differently.
T
he inserts themselves are easy to get out. Just find the end of your blade labeled "lock", now push the rubber on the tip of the blade back enough to slide the insert out of the blade.

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks for the tip, works like a charm...i thought maybe my fingers were just wimpy and that's why i couldn't get that stupid cover off.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I think the coupe blade connects to the arm differently.
T
he inserts themselves are easy to get out. Just find the end of your blade labeled "lock", now push the rubber on the tip of the blade back enough to slide the insert out of the blade.
it's even easier than that...there's a cover at one end. pull on it and it unlocks, slide it off and slide the blade out and then just replace the blade.. I post pics up tomorrow

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
thanks for the tip, works like a charm...i thought maybe my fingers were just wimpy and that's why i couldn't get that stupid cover off.
:yeahthat: I thought the same.
I thought the sedan wasn't that much different when it came to the wiper blades. Figured they'd be about the same
You would think. Even the design of the arms are quite different. Weird.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Remember, sedan was designed primarily in Japan and Canada. The coupe was designed primarily in the U.S. One thing to note...some Civic sedans in Brazil use the coupe arms, from what I can tell from pictures.

Another interesting thing...the parts drawing for the sedan shows 2 horns in front (the high and low), but parts for the low horn are the only ones available for purchase. Screwy.

·
Registered
431 Posts
well, if u do wiper refills it's easier.. it slides right off. why would u need to replace the whole arm? unless it's rusted. i did mine yesterday just refilling the blades and it works like a charm.

·
Registered
284 Posts
the manual is so worthless. I did exactly what it said to do and broke both locks on both wiper blade assemblies. (not the plastic cover but the tiny little locks that hold the refill in)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts