8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've registered for this site for a while now but this is my first time posting anything. Regardless, I've actually been having this problem for a little while now but here's the deal: my windshield wiper fluid is shooting little amounts of fluid onto my windshield without me asking it to. If ,for example, I go days without spraying it I encounter no issue, but the day I spray the fluid it will bother me for the rest of the day along with a few days after usually. If i ride over a road full of bumps I'll have wiper fluid shooting onto my windshield in small amounts. I took my car to Honda on friday for the abs recall and i asked them to check out my wiper fluid spraying dilemma. Thankfully as far as the recall goes my car has no problems, but they checked the wiper situation and not only did they see the problem for themselves but they said they couldn't do anything about it because everything is hooked up and wired correctly and they don't understand why this is happening. Has anyone else encountered this? Or have any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
tell them you'd like an accord coupe loaner and not to call you until they've figured it out. There's no reason that if everything is hooked up and wired up correctly this should happen. 1 + 1 != 3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true, being that its under warranty wouldn't they be forced to at least replace everything? or am I wrong

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
bicho said:
true, being that its under warranty wouldn't they be forced to at least replace everything? or am I wrong
If they can reproduce it they have to fix it under warranty. Especially if you drop the 's' word to them (safety). I would think it unsafe if you are going over a bumpy road and suddenly your washer fluid impedes your view.

But short answer: Yes.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Why is your username Bicho? I know what that means in espanol... lol

as far as the issue... weird. I never heard of that. Take it to the dealer, whihc im sure u heard by now. lol

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have the same problem, sort of. A little bit of washer fluid leaks out of the spouts and onto the windshield when I'm doing around 75 on the freeway. It doesn't happen all the time, and it's not all that bothersome since it's only a small amount, but it does force me to glance over every so often to check on it. My friend who works for Acura says I should bring the car in since this type of thing is covered under warranty. I would but I'm too lazy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
illusionstwice said:
Why is your username Bicho? I know what that means in espanol... lol

as far as the issue... weird. I never heard of that. Take it to the dealer, whihc im sure u heard by now. lol

lol yea ive herd that before but it has different meaning in Portuguese

and, DUB2CRS, at first it was very minor but now it hasnt stopped since i took into honda friday and it sprays enough to almost cover the windshield, not all at once but its randomly constant lol

I'll def be taking it back to honda then.

·
Registered
301 Posts
im having the same problem. it sprays everytime i hit a bump, and my warranty already over. did anyone figure out the problem? its getting pretty annoying. thnax

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
The windshield washer fluid line is getting pinched near the "damper mounting base" which can be accessed by removing the plastic cover near the top of the strut tower. Move the line away from the damper, and woila, done.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I noticed mine doing it today over bumps. Does this kind of stuff happen to Subarus?
No, they go too fast over bumpy roads to even care or notice

The windshield washer fluid line is getting pinched near the "damper mounting base" which can be accessed by removing the plastic cover near the top of the strut tower. Move the line away from the damper, and woila, done.
Nice insight!! :thumb:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the same issue too. It only happens once in a while, but it is pretty annoying when it does happen. Might as well add it to the stupid TPMS light issue im having.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts