8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ First off, that's nasty. 2nd, I don't think that'll work in winter (Canada)
Heater washer reservoirs would be better if one is willing to add/modify the stock one.

And yeaaa.. what is "stopping up"? :eek:hnoes: sheesh.. people these days eh?!?! :box:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Prices to soar? lol it costs like 2 bucks here in Manitoba for a 4L jug of the winter stuff.
Double that or triple that and I won't even complain, it's like gasoline, you can't drive your car without it.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some gas stations charger upwards of $4.99 per jug when one could go to Canadian tire or Walmart and get the same one for $2+ dollars less.

I wonder if walmart were to sell Gas... nvm

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
This topic reminds me of a (now) funny story that happened to me when I took my car to the dealership for an oil change. Back when it happened I didn't think it was funny, but now I do.

This happened two years ago when my wife and I drove to Florida for Christmas and New Years. After a long 2500km drive my car was due for another oil change, and not knowing where to go to get it done in Florida, I decided to take the car to the dealership, in this case Pompano Honda. They changed the oil, and as part of the service topped up all the fluids.

What I didn't realize until I was driving back to Canada, and until I hit sub zero temperatures and heavy snow fall on Route 77 in the Appalachian Mountains, was that the dealership filled up my windshield washer tank with ... water.

Needless to say that I was cursing at them all the way back home while having to stop every few hundred kilometers to manually clean my windshield.

In retrospect I realize that they probably didin't even have windshield washer fluid available at the dealership in FL, since they don't use it over there, but at least they could've looked at my plates and clue in on the fact that I might actually need to use proper windshield washer fluid.

·
Registered
342 Posts
This topic reminds me of a (now) funny story that happened to me when I took my car to the dealership for an oil change. Back when it happened I didn't think it was funny, but now I do.

This happened two years ago when my wife and I drove to Florida for Christmas and New Years. After a long 2500km drive my car was due for another oil change, and not knowing where to go to get it done in Florida, I decided to take the car to the dealership, in this case Pompano Honda. They changed the oil, and as part of the service topped up all the fluids.

What I didn't realize until I was driving back to Canada, and until I hit sub zero temperatures and heavy snow fall on Route 77 in the Appalachian Mountains, was that the dealership filled up my windshield washer tank with ... water.

Needless to say that I was cursing at them all the way back home while having to stop every few hundred kilometers to manually clean my windshield.

In retrospect I realize that they probably didin't even have windshield washer fluid available at the dealership in FL, since they don't use it over there, but at least they could've looked at my plates and clue in on the fact that I might actually need to use proper windshield washer fluid.
LOL!

Now that's a good story.

People don't usually tend to think more than what is necessary. That applies more-so towards Americans than us Canadians. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Same goes for the people who dont drain their summer washer fluid before the winter hits.......it freezes as well :eek:hnoes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.