8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the wiper arm setup on our civics. It seems to be very sturdy,and has a powerful swipe up and down. I havent noticed any problems whatsoever with the blades on them as well, but i have read a few complaints from other owners.
Who else likes them, or hates em.

I know the mazda 3 has the old school thin as a chopstick wiper arms, they look sad.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
The epic size of the ones on my 2006 Si coupe have caused some problems. They are sagging and practically touching one another (the driver's side one sags and no longer sits parallel, so it rests on the passenger side).

I spent $80 replacing the whole arm, just to be told by the dealership that it's a common issue on the coupes and comes down to poor design (too much friction, not enough metal support = flimsy, bent wiper rubber).

I like them, though. My friend's call them the minivan wipers, but it's always a conversation piece for someone who has never been in the car before. They think it's cool.

Sometimes, however, it's best to not mess with a good thing : if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
i love 'em. No issues as yet....they look sturdy and definitely a conversation starter with a chick who's never seen wipers wipe that way.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Is there anywhere we can get replacements apart from the dealership?
i've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything for my fg2; but i did find some bosch icons for my ladies ex sedan. bosch has a part number for icons for the fg2, but no one has them or can get them. maybe they're designing them and put a part number out first.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I love the wipers -- that are smart design compared to other cars. Ours come up and push the water outwards.

No problems with the FA5 wiper blades, I replaced the inserts a few months ago because they began to streak.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can change the blades for 10 bucks a piece on college hills honda.
Also, are the coupe wipers diff then the sedan??

·
Registered
808 Posts
theyre good, i use rainX too so that makes it better...i hate how the water drips down and dries and leaves stains after using the washer fluid:(

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I live in cali so I don't get much use of the wipers, except this last storm that came though (about 3 days of rain). They are strong tho, they pretty much splash water away from the windshield, not wipe.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i love them also... i just change mine not too long ago after more than 2 years of using them... it cost me less than $4 a piece for the inserts...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts