8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just found out that I can't replace my wiper blade with winter one. WTF
My dealer told me that the only thing I can do is replace the blade with the one from Honda when they are use, that's it.
So, I was wondering if any of u bought use wiper arm to put on their civic and put the blade they wanted on it ?
In Quebec, we got pretty bad winter, and I had the mischance of testing the blade today and they truly suck with ice and snow
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there I'm from Montreal and just found out how the blades suck with ice... gets stuck in the grooves and truly sticks to the wiper, almost impossible to remove without damaging the blades

So you're telling me we're stuck?

;(

I saw a commercial the other day about a chemical de-icer spray, I guess I'm gonna be carrying some around with me

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
can't replace the arm, only the rubber

however, I'm from calgary so winters here are pretty bad as well.. I've not experienced any trouble with the wiper blades for the past winter.
Do you guys use winter windshield washer fluid? It helps a lot..
and also turn on your wipers and turn off quickly so they sit just above the windshield heat

If you change your blades every other season you should be good to go. it's like $10 CDN for both blades

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
the last place i worked at got heated blades just after i got fired so i wasnt able to swipe any... fpr... ummmm product testing.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
good point! haha never thought of that. But I've never experienced freezing yet. Last winter got down to -35 and sometimes -40C with the windchill
Are you telling me your Civic operates at -35? Is that what you telling me? Here in Albany it gets -5 and the car starts coughing and barely starts, and then it warms up so slowly, I get to work faster then I can feel warm air.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Are you telling me your Civic operates at -35? Is that what you telling me? Here in Albany it gets -5 and the car starts coughing and barely starts, and then it warms up so slowly, I get to work faster then I can feel warm air.
you must be talking about Farenheit, I'm walking about Celcius.
Not sure how cold -35C is in F, but last year was -35 to -40 with the windchill almost everyday for a good 2-3 weeks.

However, my car has never had a problem starting in the cold weather, I assume then that you guys don't have bloc heaters either? lol

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Yea our wipers beat winter blades any day. Winter blades only have a wrapping of plastic so they dont freeze. Since our blades are rubber all the way so they wont freeze. I'v never had these blades freeze up on me once.

Also i remember somewhere you can get new blades for like 6 bucks or something.
our blades just suck..well mine do. I hate them so much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.