8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you may know, its been raining in southern California for the past week. but the whack **** is my wipers are always skidding and leaving lines of water marks everything i use them, its fudging loud and its fudging annoying especially because i like to have a clear view of the road when i drive. the wiper i'm talking about is on the drivers side. does anybody else have this problem?! if so how do i fix it? get new ones from honda, or do i use some other brand name and will it fit? i'm not sure if want to go to my dealership to see if i can get it replaced because it obviously sucks so why would i replace a sorry wiper with another brand new sorrier one. are wipers under warranty?!?! lame

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
OMG ME TOO wow. i thought i was the only one experiencing. I HATE THAT SOUND SO BAD. Im pretty sure i have to goto like kragens and just replace it. It leaves the nastiest streaks ever! PS. I HATE this rain.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
At least you don't have a coupe (from the looks of your avatar). We have to deal with the massive wipers which, according to Honda, have a tendency to sag over time. My wipers don't sit parallel anymore, and they are adjusted to perfection. The driver's side one sags and nearly sits on top of the passenger side one.

Honda claims this is normal and that it's because the blades are so big, the friction causes them to bend.

I just replace the blade inserts every six months - it's about $10, and they last for a few months before I need to clean them.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
mines actually sag. but i never knew it was a big deal. so i'm guessing i should just replace them?
It's not really a big deal, but it does annoy me. I find it really noticeable on the coupe models, at least.

The dealership just said it was a design oversight. I spent $80 replacing both arms (the entire assembly) because they said that might help.

It didn't. Now they won't even touch them.

Just another thing on my way long list, haha. Sadly, it's one of the less severe ones.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
i guess cuz it sags, it gets dragged which doesnt give even pressure distribution so it jumps making that stupid sound. i think i am going to go get a replacement tommorow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts