8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was a sad day.. I had to take off my wheels and summer tires and replace em with the stock 15" hubcaps and winter tires.

I had a bit of fun during the summer and painted the hubcaps white to see what white would look like on NHBP because my WORK's are up for sale and I'm ordering some new wheels.

Anyone else winterized and riding on steelies and those boring winter tires?

From this:

To this:

Finally, to this: :sadwavy:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha thanks guys!
and here I thought i'd get flamed from converting to rice
I think it's a subtle touch.. something different for the winter hahaha

I just wish we had no winters at all...

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
omg LOL
I've seen those.. and they like wobble off by themselves LOL

and if i were to spray black, I'd had left the hubcaps off..
black doesn't look good IMO

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
im gonna be on the stock si rims w/ blizzaks...lemme be the first to say that if you want to save money just get the steelies cause 17" blizzaks will break your bank account:sadwavy:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
hoanger said:
no kidding! wow
ballin' LOL
I figured what the hell...i love the look of the si wheels and since im getting r7's I figured this would be a good way to have 2 sets and not have to get rid of the si rims:thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Tis a sad day when we people in the northern part of the hemisphere have to make adjustments for old man winter. For my part, I am going with the Goodyear Eagle F1 UHP A/S tires here in Minnesota. I hate winter, especially when the roads are bleached white with salt which leaves a patina of slimy salt and sand all over your paint job. Someday, I swear I am moving to a warmer climate, at least in the winter.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NitrousG35 said:
I hate winter, especially when the roads are bleached white with salt which leaves a patina of slimy salt and sand all over your paint job. Someday, I swear I am moving to a warmer climate, at least in the winter.
This is what I said to myself.. when I'm done school and I'm on my own.. I'm moving elsewhere so I don't have to deal with the crappy weather. especially in Canada. :sadwavy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's still pretty early for the winter tires isn't it? I understand if you've got a good set of rims and you want to get them off before any poor weather comes, but my Nokian's aren't going on until the weather stays sub 0 deg C. So i figure mid to end Nov.

It's just that the winter rubber is so soft that they wear out too fast when it isn't frozen.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gregwire said:
It's still pretty early for the winter tires isn't it? I understand if you've got a good set of rims and you want to get them off before any poor weather comes, but my Nokian's aren't going on until the weather stays sub 0 deg C. So i figure mid to end Nov.

It's just that the winter rubber is so soft that they wear out too fast when it isn't frozen.
that's exactly why I took them off. I'm planning on selling my WORK's so damage has to be avoided.
Rule of thumb is generally when the temperature stays a constant 7C and below.. so far that's how its been. At night time, it dips down passed -5 sometimes and I fishtail all over the place.. partly due to summer tires and partly due to my dampening settings on the coilovers.

I realize its pretty early.. but we've had a snowfall already, calgary weather is pretty unpredictable - you'd only understand if you were here.

My parents put theirs on at the beginning of OCT, and we have the same winter tires, bought them at the same time. We've hit +15C a couple days, treadwear on the tires are still brand new. I don't think I've got much to worry about. Shops are pretty busy with the rush now as well.. I do it at home though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts