8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been doing some reading, and am getting ready to place an order. I live in Canada and see terrible winters, and plan to drive my 07 si through them to get to the skiing!

Tires:
Michelin X-Ice @ 205/55-16

Wheels:
16X6.5 with an offset of 45 and bolt pattern of 5x114.3.

Does all of this check out (offset, bolt pattern...)?

Please let me know ASAP, I want to get these ordered!

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
What would be the BEST(can be more than one), Winter tires.. for cold weather.. SNOW.. ETC..

I'll be using it with the HFP 17" Rims.

Thanks all

PS: Good places to find it (discounts, and would be appreciated it.)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you live in America tirerack is always the best. They have a section devoted to winter wheels/tires.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
dont get the x ice, i had them and so did my buddy they were ok but i just got the Dunlop Winter Sport 3d's and they are amazing!!!!!!

DUNLOP FTW

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Emailed my Honda dealership to see if they had any 16's kicking around. Got this:

Scott,
Sorry Honda does not recommend any 16" steel rims for the 06-08 Civic Si models. The
reason is that the calipers will interfere with the steel rims.
Thanks

HMM?

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Well buddy that emailed you back doesnt know what he is talking about... :shady:

It is true that certain steelies will interfere with your brake caliper, but OEM 16" Honda or Toyota steelies will clear just fine. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well buddy that emailed you back doesnt know what he is talking about... :shady:

It is true that certain steelies will interfere with your brake caliper, but OEM 16" Honda or Toyota steelies will clear just fine. :thumb:
Confirmed...lots of people are running 16" stock Honda steelies for winter...myself included. Fitment is close, but it works fine.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yeah, I just bought 16" Blizzacs and steel wheels from tirerack.com ($620 shipped) for my Si and they fit fine with no caliper problems.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi All,

I finally got everything put together. I bought some 02-05 RSX-s wheels (with pretty warn stock rubber) and had Goodyear Noridics (Canadian tire brand) 205-55-R16 mounted.

$400 for wheels, si center cap borrowed from stock wheels
$584.61 for tires mounted, balanced, taxed, and insured
=
$984.61

Feeling comfortable driving the Si on British Colombia ski trips no matter how bad the roads are = priceless.

Not to bad for winter beater wheels!

I can stick my finger between the tread block on these bad boys. Surprisingly they are very quiet on highway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts