8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bro and sis, i'm new here. I have 07 EX coupe 5spd, I need help for the
tire...I search around for the tire size, most people said 195/65/R15 which is
the rim small than stock size ... you know any place I can have a good deal
for a set in GTA?

·
Registered
374 Posts
you can also check out consumers tire at 3295 14th ave. (woodbine/7/steeles-ish)

u can get a set of Viking Snowtech (rated #2 in consumer's reports in 2005) mounted on steelies for around $600 tax in. Go 15" and 185 wide if you can.. skinnier is better!

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
You can also contact tires23 :thumb:

Also learn how to use the search key because there are probably 10 thread about winter tires in this section :shady:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a set of Vikings. How are the Viking Snow Tech on the highway, are they noisy as u pass 100km/h? I commute mainly on the highway, how's the noise compare to other snow tires. Anyone riding on Snow Tech, your input is much appreciated.

Has anyone heard of/using these brands:

Wanli - Winter Challengers & Triangle - TR777 (Both Asia Tires)
Anyone using these? How do they ride?

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Haven't heard of anyone with the Wanli tires...

Personally Id stick with a European brand of tire since they know winters best! :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
As I'm too cheap to buy 'dedicated' winter tyres & rims, I just had Nokian WR G2's fitted alround (my oem's were shot anyways) two weeks back on my EX coupe.
They're an 'all weather' tyre and are the only all seasons on the market with the Canadian Standards winter approval.
Over the past two weeks I've driven in dry, wet, slush, ice and snow and have no complaints whatsoever.
And, no noise on the dry highway either.
$630 all in at Tires 23.
(Nokian distributors were quoting $750 plus all in)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Wanli - Winter Challengers

i think these are the ones i got actually now that i look closer , tread looks awesome
for my price i can't complain lol

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
gonna get put em on my stock rims next tuesday... i'm still have the stock goodyear eagles for now..no snow down here yet

i'll let ya know how it goes

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm happy with Hankook ipike w409 winter tires saturday night and sunday morning (you guys know how much snow in the GTA) I have no problem with that the Hankook ipike w409 toke me home safe the handling was amazing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.