8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the si is very light in the back end.
ive already slid off the road once.
i was wondering if you know any tricks or tips while driving in winter conditions?
or what you have done in past winters with your si?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Let some air out of your tire...the idea is to have more surface area on the road so you'll have more traction.

But mostly, drive sloooooooow. Don't worry if people if their AWD speed past you, cuz it's not worth wrecking your car just to see if you can keep up with others in more suitable vehicles.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let some air out of your tire...the idea is to have more surface area on the road so you'll have more traction.

But mostly, drive sloooooooow. Don't worry if people if their AWD speed past you, cuz it's not worth wrecking your car just to see if you can keep up with others in more suitable vehicles.
yeah cuz i would just scream out the window
"see me in the spring *****!!"
haha just kidding

·
Registered
810 Posts
i would but i dont have money for that. haha =[
Yeah it sucks having to drive a nice car (Si) in overly salted roads. Winter slammed my area with lots of snow and cold. Earlier this year than in previous seasons. I had winter specific tires on my last Honda. I'm definately enteraining thoughts on getting some for next winter.

Good luck and try to stay out of the ditch. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah it sucks having to drive a nice car (Si) in overly salted roads. Winter slammed my area with lots of snow and cold. Earlier this year than in previous seasons. I had winter specific tires on my last Honda. I'm definately enteraining thoughts on getting some for next winter.

Good luck and try to stay out of the ditch. :biggrin:
i will trust me, once is enough =[

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.