8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Coin-op are good to spray most of the car off, but I go to Sunoco touchless at least once a week to take advantage of the underspray. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I just use coin-up car washes even in the middle of the winter. I try not to wash the car if it's -10 or colder because the water freezes on the car pretty quickly, but if it's warmer than that I'm game.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
coin-ops...

not too many touchless here in london and i'm too low even with stock rims to near rails

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I wouldn't know what that's like, I think it's only rained here twice so far this winter, crazy dry spell and unseasonably dry weather.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I like Sunoco because it's touchless.

Anyone reccomend anything better?

MY REAR BUMPER NEVER GETS WASHED PROPERLY!!!!! -____________-

The middle lower section of my rear bumper is always missed so *** :(

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yeah rear bumper is always a problem going through car washes. i use the Esso touchless, the ones with the spray going around your car. Probably better for my lowered friends here, not rails involved.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
my car is nasty filthy now... i need to take it in - but the roads will just put it back on the car by the time i get home.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
our pressure washer here at work is heated, and so is the wash bay :D

lol

/said

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Anything good/bad to say about Coin-Op washes as well? I'm going to try out the Coin-Op wash in Streetsville.
Never ever use the brush.. ever!
Even if it feels smooth! Never!

Stick to the water spray. Spray the salt off. Dont bother drying it or making it look clean. It'll get dirty the moment you drive away.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Usually wash my exterior whenever it's sunny and atleast -5+ so it won't freeze to fast, but I make exceptions when my car is just too dirty. Interior, i tend to let it get a bit dirtier then usual; again, clean whenever possible.

There's a place in Toronto that I take my car to, to get cleaned. It has solar panels to heat up the water so that's why I like it. Pressure washer booth ftw.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wash mine every other day LoL...just to get the road salt off. as i drive on the 401 everyday..i just the coin operated washes on weekdays and then on weekends i treat her to the good stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
^ yeah, i skipped the brush and soap altogether. not sure how strong their "soap" is and dont want to have it touching my paint. all i used it for was a good rinse with their pressure washer at a safe distance.

portabuddy, you work at mississauga honda @ glen erin?
no i work at expressway truck milton, its a volvo dealership...

and i love the pressure washer, the shop comfterbly houses 21 trucks, or 20 trucks and all of the night shifts cars... right under the heaters :) :dancing:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts