8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, whos all going the way of the black bear in regards to their Si. This is my last weekend before I drive the Wave for the winter. Errr I wish I lived in sunny california. Post up your beaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
winter beater.jpg

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
you guys have snow already wow lol heres mine :p

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
DumbasSi said:
Its a Civic. It is a beater. Storing one is a joke IMO.

mine is no beater

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
DumbasSi said:
haha

Survivor said:
So, whos all going the way of the black bear in regards to their Si. This is my last weekend before I drive the Wave for the winter. Errr I wish I lived in sunny california. Post up your beaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 8886
for some reason, i feel the Si would handle the weather better than that. :iorun: All it needs is winter tires.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here is my truck. 1990 Isuzu pickup. RWD 2.6L gas. rear winter tires/ sand bags and it makes an awesome winter beater. Starts no prob in sub -50 deg C.

I will probably get rid of it this winter tho. I've got some awesome winter tires for the civ, and have full intentions of driving that all winter.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
DumbasSi said:
I 2nd that motion. I too will drive mine in the winter. After all, that's why I got a new car. I don't wanna drive a beater that could break down in the middle of the 401 in -20 degree weather.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I 2nd that motion. I too will drive mine in the winter. After all, that's why I got a new car. I don't wanna drive a beater that could break down in the middle of the 401 in -20 degree weather.
I look forward to laughing at your resale value.. I store mine for a few reasons, A) I don't put any miles on it half the year; B) It does not see any salt on the exterior or interior and finally C) The consideration of A and B will result in a higher resale amount due to no rust or winters, and considerably lower kms. I average 15000 per yer on my civic, so at 5 years, I will have a max amount of 75000 on a 5 yr old car. The remainder of the year I put on 10000k on my "beater" 98 corolla which I love driving as well, but really don't care about. So based on these numbers, my car will have 50,000 kms less then average after 5 years, and will have a perfect interior and exterior, which I'd say would earn me 3-5 thousand more on resale compared to average....just makes sense to me.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
^Everyone has their own opinion on the beater option, but all it takes is one accident to f*&% up your reasoning about resale value. ;)

Also if you regularily wash your car in the winter, rust will not be a problem.

·
Registered
926 Posts
^Everyone has their own opinion on the beater option, but all it takes is one accident to f*&% up your reasoning about resale value. ;)

Also if you regularily wash your car in the winter, rust will not be a problem.
True on the fact everyone has their own opinion, and yes about the accident as well...but anyone not storing their civic also runs at least a 50% greater risk of an accident in the civic ;) So the chances of me smashing my civic up are quite less given the car will only be driven in good weather. Also, I tried the regular washing thing too...although it does work quite well fending off rust, it will never stop it.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts

Heres mine : 98 ford taurus se, v6, 60k, and leather interior. i just stumbled on this car for $1000 two years ago, a relative died and they needed to get rid of her car. so i took it off their hands! :dancing: i love the idea of having one, i couldnt imagine driving my si in the winters that we get here in the snowbelt. its all a matter of opinion like everyone has said!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
That thing is basically brand new! Good deal! Everyone complains ford's reliability, but those cars were so simple that it was easy (and cheep) to fix anything that went on them anyways. You should be looking to get another car and park the taurus for the winters as well! haha j/k

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I was hoping to have the engine in My 89 Accord but I don't think thats going to happen...

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
That thing is basically brand new! Good deal! Everyone complains ford's reliability, but those cars were so simple that it was easy (and cheep) to fix anything that went on them anyways. You should be looking to get another car and park the taurus for the winters as well! haha j/k
lol ya really, its actually a very nice car, the thing just rolls on the highway. its not a bad beater what so ever and i have a pretty decent audio system in it with an aux port for my ipod, so im set! :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts