8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i live at winnipeg manitoba, and i want to get the ultimate tune but i read the stuff on site and it look really complicated, can you explain more to me on how to create those data that you need for you if i buy it?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
It's pretty easy. The datalogs I request people send me includes one full throttle pull (usually 2000 rpm to fuel cut), and then a 20-30 minute driving log. So it's as easy as driving to/from work or school and datalogging your trip. If something looks unusual, then I'll ask for more specific logs from there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mean how do i datalogging, do i have to buy something for that?
and a minimum of CAI and exhaust for hondata right? cause i only have CAI right now

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Do you have FlashPro yet? All you need is the Hondata FlashPro. It lets you datalog/tune the vehicle. We tune via the datalogs you take with the FlashPro.

You can have a bone stock Si and having FlashPro helps. I've tuned a few stock Si's on here, and they've loved it after I finished the tune.

If you don't have FlashPro yet, we offer a $95 discount on people buying FlashPro + Ultimate tune from us.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,939 Posts
i mean how do i datalogging, do i have to buy something for that?
and a minimum of CAI and exhaust for hondata right? cause i only have CAI right now
Hello Wynn,

Once you make an order your tuner of choice will provide you detailed instructions on how to datalog, drive, and anything else you would need moving forward. Think of it as a learning experience as we are very detailed in our requests and will answer your detailed questions throughout the duration of the tune.

Best regards,

Rulo

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hello Wynn,

Once you make an order your tuner of choice will provide you detailed instructions on how to datalog, drive, and anything else you would need moving forward. Think of it as a learning experience as we are very detailed in our requests and will answer your detailed questions throughout the duration of the tune.

Best regards,

Rulo
so i can do hondata with just CAI? then what if i buy exhaust later on, do i have to paid for another tuning package? and do you have hondata stock? and i come down to pick it up? you guys are located in winnipeg right?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
so i can do hondata with just CAI? then what if i buy exhaust later on, do i have to paid for another tuning package? and do you have hondata stock? and i come down to pick it up? you guys are located in winnipeg right?
We are located all over North America. Because of this FlashPro's are shipped directly to the users, so we would still need to order a unit. The good news is that shipping is fairly quick. I am based in Winnipeg personally (Steve), and would be able to assist in person if needed.

Hope that helps,

The E-tunez Tuning Team

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh! i was hoping to save 20 dollars lol, anyways, iam still thinking if hondata is good for my car, if i decided, then i order it from you guys for sure.
iam kind of looking for better MPG and performance at the same time, is that possible?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
oh! i was hoping to save 20 dollars lol, anyways, iam still thinking if hondata is good for my car, if i decided, then i order it from you guys for sure.
iam kind of looking for better MPG and performance at the same time, is that possible?
Absolutely, both part throttle (PT) and wide open throttle (WOT) efficiency can be improved with the FlashPro.

Tuning is an example of digital art work. When tuned right, the car will run near 0% (or very close to it) STFT's (Short Term Fuel Trims) in almost every condition. It will also have flat line AFR's and smooth transitions for all fuel maps and cam angles all while providing increased fuel mileage.

Tuning is about efficiency with the cylinders and displacement you have and fuel limits inherent within those boundaries, because of this it also means that making your car perform more consistently and ideally often results in better fuel mileage too.

Also, in general, we tune the cruising tables for fuel mileage and the WOT tables for performance.

Hope that helps,

Steve

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutely, both part throttle (PT) and wide open throttle (WOT) efficiency can be improved with the FlashPro.

Tuning is an example of digital art work. When tuned right, the car will run near 0% (or very close to it) STFT's (Short Term Fuel Trims) in almost every condition. It will also have flat line AFR's and smooth transitions for all fuel maps and cam angles all while providing increased fuel mileage.

Tuning is about efficiency with the cylinders and displacement you have and fuel limits inherent within those boundaries, because of this it also means that making your car perform more consistently and ideally often results in better fuel mileage too.

Also, in general, we tune the cruising tables for fuel mileage and the WOT tables for performance.

Hope that helps,

Steve
is there a long waiting list for tuning right now?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I believe the FlashPro's are in stock with our supplier, so the only wait would be in shipping. Steve can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
We have been advised there is a one week back order currently, information has been posted on our site, and I will update this thread as well when supply is moving again. :)

Thanks everyone, sorry for any inconvienence.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Welcome, I am enjoying the warm summer/fall in Winterpeg :) PM me if you need a hand with anything.

Thanks,

Steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts