8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently fought a speeding ticket I got for going 60 in a 45 in my civic and I won. I think winning the case made me want to speed less than just forking over $300+ dollars to the state of california.

So I was just wondering, has anyone fought a ticket and won, and has winning made you want to not do it again?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
going down bruceville rd in elk grove way back over summer. it was the first week i had my car and the dumb cop was posted with a radar. hella ***. and i had to fight it because i couldnt go to traffic school because of another ticket. im so glad i won though

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how did you win it? like what did you tell the judge haha
I did a trial by written declaration and my main argument was that there was no way i could have been speeding because it was the first week i bought my car and my engine was still going through its break in period. I also argued that there was an SUV driving beside me, and that the engineering and traffic survey done for the road i was speeding on had the safe speed as 40 mph and the limit was 45. I used those arguments and just added a bunch of evidence in there, and low and behold I got out of it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.