8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Have a 2008 EX sedan with windshield weather stripping rubber on left and right side coming out. The Honda parts include all the plastic and cost near $200 each.
Are there other strips from other vintage that I could glue (rtv) in as substitutes?

Many thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
That rubber is part of the long trim strip that runs the length of the windshield and across the roof. They are not cheap as you have found out, shipping is part of the problem.
I've not seen and aftermarket replacements, been looking for a year or so, but there are some stick on rubber weather stripping that others have used, just to replace the part on the windshield, mainly to fill in the gap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That rubber is part of the long trim strip that runs the length of the windshield and across the roof. They are not cheap as you have found out, shipping is part of the problem.
I've not seen and aftermarket replacements, been looking for a year or so, but there are some stick on rubber weather stripping that others have used, just to replace the part on the windshield, mainly to fill in the gap.
Thanks for the reply. Anybody have any suggestions for stick on weather strips?
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts