8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi 8thcivic,

I am having a little issue with the weather stripping peeling away on my windshield on my passenger side. There is actually a small gap developing where the stripping has cracked, almost as if I can see into the channel it's supposed to be blocking?

Here are a couple pictures..

If there is a part # or if anyone has a DIY repair please share.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Typical rot, especially in S FL.

The part numbers for sedan are:
73158-SNA-013
73168-SNA-013

Shipping cost will be high so Google those numbers to find a lower price and then see if Rick Case Honda will price match.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Do you know where that water is getting into?

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk
There shouldn't be any water intrusion as a result of that molding being torn/worn.

It's there to cover the seem in the roof to A/B/C pillars.

The moldings also play a role in aerodynamics - if you take them off and drive around at highway speeds, the cabin is noticeably louder from wind noise.

I've been known to run a strip of black duct tape up the sides of those moldings and onto the windshield when I drive xcountry. It's surprising how much less wind noise around the A pillars there is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm having the same issues with the molding along the top of the outside doors. It is all cracked and falling apart. Are there any special tricks to remove it? I'm assuming there are just plastic clips that hold it on and you simply pry it off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm having the same issues with the molding along the top of the outside doors. It is all cracked and falling apart. Are there any special tricks to remove it? I'm assuming there are just plastic clips that hold it on and you simply pry it off.
Yeah looking at the part on eBay it comes with some clips

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah looking at the part on eBay it comes with some clips
I don't know what ebay ad you're referring to, but the clips are not included with the moldings you need when purchased from Honda.

If the clips you have now can be removed without damage, you can reuse them.

How to remove/install can be found here. Bookmark the link below, it'll come in handy.

If you can't open the pics or they don't look right when opened, use another browser.

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/A00/HTML/00/SNB6E00J18573451601KBAT00.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
May I ask where you ended up ordering the molding from? Dealership wanted $100 for each molding, online they sell for around $55 each but the honda part sites I checked seem to charge crazy shipping price (over $100).

·
Registered
80 Posts
as opposed to the first picture, I only have the weather stripping on the inside starting to peal away.

but thats the only issue. will water get into the car, or do i have nothing to worry about?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You'll find various prices, my recent searches, from $73 to $110, but like others have said shipping will hurt, on the Coupe they are about 7' and on the Sedan 10' long and can't be folded or rolled up.

If you replace all the clip's, my experience is weather/sun has taken its toll and the rubber along the windshield is gone and the plastic clips are also deteriorated. The full set of clips for both sides will run you around $20.00 - $25.00
Be very careful with the clips along the windshield, I would not use a metal tool around the edge of the glass.

Depending on how particular you are about the car there are non OEM stick on options for about $35 that can be found,

How To Video

·
Registered
186 Posts
You'll find various prices, my recent searches, from $73 to $110, but like others have said shipping will hurt, on the Coupe they are about 7' and on the Sedan 10' long and can't be folded or rolled up.

If you replace all the clip's, my experience is weather/sun has taken its toll and the rubber along the windshield is gone and the plastic clips are also deteriorated. The full set of clips for both sides will run you around $20.00 - $25.00
Be very careful with the clips along the windshield, I would not use a metal tool around the edge of the glass.

Depending on how particular you are about the car there are non OEM stick on options for about $35 that can be found,

How To Video
My aunt is mentioned the peeling of the weather stripe at the passenger side of her Civic. Guess they deteriorated as well. I'll just finish installing the suspension and dually rims on the current Superduty project and I'll take a look at them. Gonna check out that video soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts