8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using a sun shade? It doesn't look like Honda sells one for the new Civic yet. The windshield is so big that a generic one wouldn't fit right. I also noticed that Honda warns against putting a sun shade across the dash halfway because it would reflect heat into the digital speedometer display.

Any recommendations? We need 'em here in Texas.

·
Registered
46 Posts
u guys can tint the front windshield too?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
yeap
a friend tint it on his SEAT LEON

and it looks no to dark in the night and didn need to force the view to look at night
it has a less % in the front that in all around by the way

·
Registered
46 Posts
wow! nice car!

they will never allow us to do that in the states.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where I get mine tinted the tint they use for the windshield has different characteristics than the normal tint. It has a really good glare reduction. I had them do 50% on the windshield and 20% on all the others. I don't know if it is legal or not but mine has it and I live in the Tulsa, Ok area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sunshade..Heatshield...

I've been using a "heatshield" sunshade for my new 06 lx civic sedan. Its a computer cut sunscreen, that's has a mylar facing that reflects the sun, with a foam like backing for insulation I believe.It fits exactly the dimensions of the large front windshield. All their sun shields our custom fit for each automobile, they just got the pattern for the new civic in early October. Its the same sunscreen that's sold at our local honda/acura parts dealers. You can order it directly from the manufacturer in CA. I believe I got mine at...(canvasworks.com)....Noticed a definite drop in interior heat especially less heat radiating off the hugh dashboard.

·
Registered
29 Posts
grancuda said:
Where I get mine tinted the tint they use for the windshield has different characteristics than the normal tint. It has a really good glare reduction. I had them do 50% on the windshield and 20% on all the others. I don't know if it is legal or not but mine has it and I live in the Tulsa, Ok area.
In the US it is illegal to tint your entire windshield in all states. Most states allow you to tint down to the AS-1 line which is premarked by the manufacturer. They generally are around 5" below the top of the windshield.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my canvasworks.com sunshade today

I tried it out for fit and it works great! :) Recommended!
Thanks to quanb for the pointer.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ordered my "heatshield" through the dealer.

The brand is intro-tech - most dealerships stock this brand. It's got a mirror-foil like finish on the sunny side and is foam filled to keep the heat out.

It's very well made. It will eventually (I think like most shades) deteriorate but it took a couple years and a summer in 100+ degree heat for it to wear out.

The part number is HD47 for the civic sedan. I don't know if this is the same for the coupe. It's probably the longest heatshield I've ever bought! That windshield is looong! The dealership had to call the company to special order it because I guess the company just started making them but hadn't distributed them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts