8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this windshield sun shade at the Dollar Tree (everything in the store is $1 dollar - $1.25 now) and it don't fit, not wide enough!
Can anybody recommend one that is wide enough that fits?
I don't want to pay more than $5
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had one, don't remember where it cane from, hated it. PITA to put up, take down.

I found that many days with the temp swing, from the mid 90s outside (lwell into the 100s inside the car), down to 70s at night to 80's & 90;s outside quickly in the morningand plus high humidity, that moisture would collect on the glass side of the reflector and drip down onto/into the dash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Although the sun visor cannot significantly reduce the temperature inside the car, it can effectively prevent direct sunlight from hitting the instrument panel and cause the interior to age. After all, the dashboards of most cars are made of plastic. Long-term direct exposure to high temperatures is prone to aging and brittleness, and it will also produce unpleasant odors and toxic substances.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was SHOCKED when I saw sun shades at Walmart for $20+ I refuse to pay that much for a piece of cardboard with cheap vinyl shinny cover.
I am considering going back to Dollar Tree by buying another one and taping 2 together !
I mean the reason I own a cheap 2008 Honda Civic is because I'm a cheap son bich......right?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

I bought one for my back window a few months back, very good quality and fit. Also bought one for a Chevy Bolt, same good quality and fit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I bought one for my back window a few months back, very good quality and fit. Also bought one for a Chevy Bolt, same good quality and fit.
Thank You for that information but at $36 that's too much for me, and that site wants my email for a discount, I would ratter pay full price w/o giving them my email

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got this windshield sun shade at the Dollar Tree (everything in the store is $1 dollar - $1.25 now) and it don't fit, not wide enough!
I don't want to pay more than $5 View attachment 246897
I bought one on Amazon. Its specifically for 8th gens. It has a gold layer on the part for the outside. This bad boy covers the whole front window completely! And it does a phenomenal job I was amazed. Was 20 bucks bro but way worth it!

·
Registered
07 Civic Cpe
5 Posts
I don't want to pay more than $5 View attachment 246897
I feel your pain . Honda has giant friggin spaces on their dashes . Unless you spend the $ you’re gonna have to stick w something like that . The space is huge , great for driving but try to touch your glass sitting in driving position…it’s far this gen dash has two levels to it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts