8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search for Windshield noise, and nada popped up.

Just wondering who has experienced this?

It happened just today on my way to an evening meeting. There was a dash noise, rattle, hmm, at a stop light I hit the dash, nothing, pressed the windshield, it creaked and made the rattle noise... weird, ( will be taking it to my dealership monday for sure to get it checked out)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.. thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
I had it yesterday... I believe its cuz of the cold. Something is contracting faster than other parts of the car etc.

For me it goes away when the car warms up, and never there when its above 5c

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, that's not good either, if the rubber compound is contracting differently than the glass eventually the seal will be broken, the rattle louder, more seperation, then.. yeah... the glass can be removed easily. (first car I've ever owned that does this)
Car has been driving for an hour when this happened, had the car for a winter already, never happened before. It didn't stop rattling unless the car wasn't moving.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Scrape the ice off your car! No really though I've been noticing it on mine but only when its below 0C. Kinda like Jonas'

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Could be the dash foam isn't lining up properly or something.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've had this since I got my car (2 weeks ago). Sounds like its coming from right below the wipers. I thought it may have been the wiper rubbing on the window, but it still happens when I use them. Only happens on pretty good bumbs in the road too. I also noticed under the hood a little door thing (see pic) is kinda loose. What is the purpose of it?

·
Registered
698 Posts
My car has the exact same noise but its also in the back windshield to but only for like 5 mins till the cars warm then it goes away. it feel like the cars about to fall apart though!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
All 3 of my Civics have done it at some point or another. The glass probably just contracts slightly when it gets cold.

How do you know its loose?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just dropped my 07 fg2 off at the dealer this morning for the windshield rattle. The service guy gave me a very funny look when I described it as a rattle coming from the center of the windshield, so I wasn't expecting much, especially after reading on here about dealerships not being able to replicate problems.

Well, I just spoke with John Randall at Superior Honda of Omaha on the phone and he said he was able to duplicate the problem and they should have it all fixed by the end of the work day. He said he wasn't sure what was done, but the techs had worked on it and the manager was going to go on a final test drive.

I'll update after I pick it up and find out what the problem was.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I've had this several times.

I've been to the dealer almost a dozen times for it now.

"Can't hear it. Can't replicate it. Sorry."

It stops and starts when it wants to.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
I've had this several times.

I've been to the dealer almost a dozen times for it now.

"Can't hear it. Can't replicate it. Sorry."

It stops and starts when it wants to.

That's cuz the guy can't find a rattle snake when he walks around your car at the dealership :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
mhmm...funny hearing all this loose windshield stuff...i just pulled the wiper pannle off outside the car and put a strip of thin foam along the underside of it where it contacts the glass and the noise is all gone...tell that to your honda dealer...they all think its coming from inside the dash somewhere lol...i hate rattles and will find everyone of them as they occur...good luck peeps...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am afraid it is the seal, mine did the same thing. Press firmly around the edge of the windshield and it should go away, mine did. A warm day or a warm garage would probably give the best result as the seal would be more malleable.
I hate to admit it, but my 08 Si is by far the worst new car I have ever owned. at 4k mi I'm looking to get rid of it. rant, rant

1 - 20 of 20 Posts