8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it good ?? Since I read online, some people just saying , some shops replace with a cheapest glass and charge for a expensive one . Glass masters coded me 212.. Any thoughts or experience with them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
124 Posts
212 sounds good. pay cheap, get cheap. I don't see the point of getting expensive glass in this city. Talking to glass guys, we are the capital of North America for glass replacement. I can believe that. But I've heard there are a lot of clips on Hondas so you might want to talk to them and make sure they know what they are doing and aren't just going to chuck everything and fill it up with goo. Do you really need to replace it now? We've got a few good weeks of gravel to go yet.

If it's not obstructing your line of sight, it's legal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not it's not obstructing the line of sight. but i thought it is not a good idea to drive it with a crack or so.. is it not dangerous? i ll wait till summer. it was like that since i got this car, i haven't done my inspection yet. is it necessary to do an inspection?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can't really comment on how dangerous the condition might be. Laminated glass is very tough. Your insurance company will let you know if they want an inspection. Usually they only want one if the car is several years old. Otherwise, Alberta doesn't have mandatory inspections for the most part anymore.

Cheers

·
Registered
398 Posts
When i had mine replaced, the cheapest quote was by the "back alley" on mcleod. I forgot the name of the company but yeah, it's on that plaza along with shadow tint. If i can still remember it was around $200 and hasn't had issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts