8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally decided a certain look I want for my nhbp fg2 and want to get my windows/sunroof tinted all 5%. anyone have any suggestions for who to go to on Long Island? my dads guy @ island window tinting did my last car and did a great job (charged me $125 for the same thing I want done on the Si) but is on vacation until february I believe. I also wanna tint the white part of my tailights black also. any suggestions as well as pricing are welcome :)

o ya and I wanna have it done next saturday

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Here's the best guys in town:

The Art of Tint

Lorenzo Custom Window Tinting - NY, and see Window Tinting from the "The New York Lifestyle's point of view", or contact the "TINTER" Lorenzo at 718-994-9100 or [email protected] for an appointment.

Class On Glass - (631)384-5386 Joe D

They won't give you a $125 hack job with Korean film. Instead they'll give you the highest quality of product and installation. I think Lorenzo and Art both carry ceramics. I don't think Joe does. Either way, make sure you get a film safe your embedded antenna.

Don't forget to follow my guide on you can pick a good tint shop

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the $125 I paid last time was for solar guard tint which is used by I'd say 3/4's of the places on long island and it has a lifetime guarantee. those guys I've heard of but there too far away (I'm in shoream and those guys are all in queens, bronx, etc). anyone know any local tint shops? also where's the antenna and what's gonna happen if its tinted 5%?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Your antenna is embedded in the rear window. So if a film with metal is placed over it you can lose AM reception and sometimes FM.

Not a big deal if you don't listen to the radio. But otherwise you have to get a dyed film or if you want any decent amount of heat rejection a high end film like Llumar ATX or a ceramic.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
if u get 5% tint, u can get cited for it.

but dude, driving at night with 5% tint will be hard. i have 15% all around my Si and when i drive at night, esp. when it rains, i have a hard time driving cuz it's soo hard to see.

as far as getting it done, i ended up tinting my car myself cuz i just dont like other people driving my car. yes, it took me a good 8 hours, but it was all worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts