8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
looks geat! i can't wait to have mine done...i see your online so hopefully you can tell me how much superior charged.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For all 5 windows, it was just under $300. I've had no bubbles or peeling or any problems with the tint what so ever. That was 2 years ago. Keep in mind the prices and the staff may have changed since then. Good luck with your tint!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
i went against it until i can find a place that will safety it with the tint on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i got my MVI done at major discount near mazda/subaru on portland.
i told them i just moved and wasnt sure and like the tint, he said its up to the technician to decide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new here, and just got jammed this monring on my way to work. I own a 4 door Accord! I have owned it for 4 years and got the winodws tinted a week after I bought it. I am 30 years old, and had my 2 young sons with me in the car. i was going 40km per hour in town.

I have never been harassed before. In fact, an RCMP officer I know said that he would never pull me over, if he saw that car with that tint. It is a very light smoke, and it is all around.
Looks pretty classy actually.

So, long story short, I have 2 weeks to remove it, and prove it, or have a warrant for me arrest...
a$$hole!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I am new here, and just got jammed this monring on my way to work. I own a 4 door Accord! I have owned it for 4 years and got the winodws tinted a week after I bought it. I am 30 years old, and had my 2 young sons with me in the car. i was going 40km per hour in town.

I have never been harassed before. In fact, an RCMP officer I know said that he would never pull me over, if he saw that car with that tint. It is a very light smoke, and it is all around.
Looks pretty classy actually.

So, long story short, I have 2 weeks to remove it, and prove it, or have a warrant for me arrest...
a$$hole!
damn that sucks..sorry to hear that..sounds like a cop who needs to make his quota for the month.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
haha thats why i didn't bother gettting my front windows done!

and for those wanting window tints, i went to superior and asked about a cash price with a guy named derrick (i can't spell) he did my back 3 including the tint paint to cover that ugly dot matrix and i was in and out in a lil over an hour for $160 total since it was cash price.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
so i'm still thinkin about tint for the fronts. what would you suggest. i have 20% on the rear and want 34% on the front, but would that be too much? should i just go for 50%? i just want it to get rid of that fish bowl look.

·
Registered
395 Posts
+ 150$ for a ticket haha, i was so pissed when i got mine haha, not even the option to take it off, i got a ticket lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got my two front windows done with 25%, never been pulled over yet but i think im gonna romove it just because it's so hard to see through at night backing out of drive ways i have to put the windows down and i've came close to almost hitting people crossing the road cause i couldnt see them due to the amount tint but it is really good on sunny days and it looks good to ...but everybody knows that

·
Registered
84 Posts
so i'm still thinkin about tint for the fronts. what would you suggest. i have 20% on the rear and want 34% on the front, but would that be too much? should i just go for 50%? i just want it to get rid of that fish bowl look.
I honestly wouldnt recommend getting the front windows done. Its not worth the hassle, having to find someone to pass it, risking getting pulled over.. I know soooooo many people who have been pulled over and ticketed (not one of them was given the option to have it off in two weeks, so you lucked out!)

The only person i know who its NEVER been mentioned to is a friend with Firefighter plates.

Just my thought.. :)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts