8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says, i have a window tint question for anyone who lives in nb and ns. I do know its all a game of chance when one gets their driver and passenger side windows tinted, but i am curious as to what is a good % for tint to be somewhat safe and not loose all visibility in a cloudy day. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
go light tint, i have my front ones done, not sure the % becasue the car came tinted, but it always looks darker on the outside with the back ones done, but i have no problem seeing any time of the day or any weather condition with my front ones done.
so go for a light tint, like is 15% light? i cant remeber how the system works
hope it helps

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just to let you know, in NB if you're caught with front tinted windows, not only will you get a ticket, you'll also now have a point deducted.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What?!?! Thats crazy. I do see enough people tinting all windows, except windshield here in NB, so I'm guessing this is just a way to deter people from doing it. Still a little ridiculous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got pulled over in halifax, I had mine done 35% in the front. It was light too, but they said if I didnt remove it within a week I would get a $250 fine and have to go to court. I had to remove it and go to the police station to show the cop I removed the tint.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A while ago when I had my Integra I was pulled over for tinted windows in Halifax. The officer said "roll your window up two inches" and I did, he said "your getting a fine for tinted windows". I replied saying I didn't think they were illegal because they were only smoked, a very light tint. He pointed at me and said, "You know tinted front windows are illegal in NS, your getting a fine". He gave me a $250 fine and said if they saw my car again without the tint removed they would impound it. I thought it was kinda harsh. It was around 9 in the morning, I was dressed well, and polite, he might have been having a bad day or thought I was somebody else, not sure. I always wonder when I see everyone tinted if they take any heat for it. I haven't tinted since, but I do like it and miss it. If you don't want the bother, I wouldn't go too dark, especially up front.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
so tinting your front runs a risk. it all depends what percent you go with, what percent you have in the back, what color your interior is and what the weather is like lol

for example if you have a si, the black interior would make it darker then the grey interior in the r18's. also if you have a sun roof it would make it lighter.

also if you had 50% up front and 15% in the back it might look the same as 35% all around.

if your set on tinting the front 2, depending on your back i would do 50%. cleans it up but it's still visiable. (less of a chance of getting pulled over)

the smaller the percent the darker the tint is (5% means only 5% of light is allowed through)

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have seen even the tinting shops truck with its front windows tinted, its the same as driving with out DRL, some people dont have them, i didnt till a cop stoped me in the middle of the street and told me to have lights on or it was a fine. it all depends on the cop.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
i know one installer that was able to tint the whole front 2 windows (no line around the top) had a cop picking at it for like 10min until you couldn't get the tint to peel up..let him go without even a warning. lol

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
getting my front 2 windows done monday...probably going with 50% will post some pics once it's done

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had mine done for two years now. No real problems with the police. Knock on wood. I have the lightest I could get on the front.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have 15% all around w/ 5% brow. I have had zero problems with the authorities for the year and half Ive had them on my car. Knock on wood. I think it definitly depends on where you live too. I personally wouldnt go any lighter then 20% for cosmetic reasons but thats just my opinion. Roll down your windows when its nice out and avoid having them up when you see a cop sitting, following, or coming your way. Unless its snowing... then youll just just look suspicious.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
yah it's either 50% or 35% i'm going to go with...20% all around would be way too dark and i'd just be askin for a ticket. there pretty strict here about tint on the front 2.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just got the 35% done on the 2 front windows, looks pretty good, but at night time its a bit difficult. i'll post some pics once i charge my camera

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 50% on the front and 18% on the back. I'll add a picture soon. I got it done at Superior Glass - they did a good job.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts