8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice! I removed the Emissions stickers and cleaned the area thoroughly but somehow I'm thinking glue got down in my window track! I've tried to figure out how to clean it but nothing has worked so far so every time I roll my window up it squeaks like a bat out of hell!! On top of that it seems to leave some type of white looking track mark going down the window as I roll up so I have to clean my window every flipping time! Anyone have any advice how to clean/remove/solve this problem! Thanks for any help.:rantsmiley:

Edit: I also just got a new tint job so I'm worried about this ruining it.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow... the crowd is a killer here. Anyone?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I waited till the fourth day to roll the window down and the tint seemed to settle great and it look's great! It just seem's like there is some glue down in the window track cus it leaves a white streak every time I roll up and down. It seems to going away slowly but I have to continuously clean the window every day to not let the sticky crap dry.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just in case anyone else every has a problem close to this it seems when my tint guy was installing the tint he did not put the window gasket back into place properly which caused the rubbing issue. Problem fixed.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:thumb: Thx man. At least I can finally roll my windows up and down in peace the noise was excruciating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts