8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 08 Civic si coupe, and things had been going well until the past two days. Two days ago I got into the car, and tried to open the sunroof, no response, nothing happens. I then try the passenger side window, nothing happens. So the passenger side window and the sunroof do not work, but the drivers side window does. This is an intermittent problem, sometimes they both work flawlessly, sometimes they don't work at all. They always go out together, if that helps. I was wondering if this could be a lose connector or any other problem that I could easily solve without going to my dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the window fuse but the problem still continues... I think it has something to do with the connection between the fuse and the fuse box because when I press down on the pass window/sunroof the windows work. Is there anyway to fix this? Also, I have noticed that the windows tend to work in the afternoon but not the morning, which is odd. maybe temp diff?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I replaced the window fuse but the problem still continues... I think it has something to do with the connection between the fuse and the fuse box because when I press down on the pass window/sunroof the windows work. Is there anyway to fix this? Also, I have noticed that the windows tend to work in the afternoon but not the morning, which is odd. maybe temp diff?
i think so too

my fathers 99 si used to do the same thing but like once per 2-3 months

he sold it like that

i would say, try going to the dealer

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
try resetting the moonroof control by doing these steps;

1. Close the drivers door and keep it closed the whole procedure.
2. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
3. Press and hold the tilt switch, and turn the ignition switch to ON (II)
4. Release the tilt switch and turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 four times.
6. Press and hold the moonroof open switch for an additional 3 seconds after the moonroof has fully opened.
7. Press and hold the moonroof close switch for an additional 3 seconds after the moonroof has fully closed (tilted).
8. Confirm the moonroof control unit is reset by using the moonroof auto open and auto close functions.

Hopefully this works for ya :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try the moonroof reset, bit I really think it has something o do with the connection between the fuse and the fusebox. I'm trying to find some way to make to connection consistent without having to buy a whole new fusebox

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
i have a similar problem my pass side window sometimes won't go down, sunroof works fine. i'm in a electrical class for auto tech and my teacher said it's a bad switch. he wants me to diagnosis since it is a auto electric class lol. i will let you know what worked for me as soon as we get time in the lab.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem

Ive had an 07 si coupe for 2 years and since ive had it the passenger window has randomly quit/started working randomly 3 times. 2 days ago it did it again and this time the sunroof went out also. Did you ever find a solution to permenantly fix this? Btw they still arent working :/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just checked this forum today so sorry I didn't get back to your post. Unfortunately I haven't found a permanent solution. I find that the windows all work in the summer or after the car has been running a while. If you take out the pass window/sunrf fuse and put it back in I find that that solves the problem temporarily. My guess it is an intermittent connection between the fuse and the fusebox, and the warmer temperature make the connections tighter and complete the circuit more often. I'd love to fix this problem permanently but haven't yet got around to figuring out a solution.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the same problem. No clue because its so intermitent that I can't narrow it down to the switc or motor. Only passenger window is doing it. No moonroof. 2010 lxs

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an issue with my passenger window in an 06 DX, it is slow and takes near double the time to lower/raise at any time. Is my window motor slowly dying, or maybe something wrong with the switch or both? I'm debating pulling the door panel and comparing full load currents to the working drivers side. Has anyone found a solution to their window/switch issues?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope still haven't got around to it. It's just one of those things that annoys you, but not enough to spend the effort fixing it. If I wiggle the fuse it starts working again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem here... passenger window works and then it doesnt... tryed changing master switch..68$ at honda... temp fix.... tryed dif motor same....what is the micu and where do i find it...

·
Registered
82 Posts
So it quits working when cold? When it quits working can you put your ear near the door panel and press the switch, can you hear anything at all?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts