8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy some FD2 Civic Type R wheels but as far as I know, they don't come equipped with TPMS as it is not mandatory in Japan? Do you guys know they will fit or If any of you has already swapped the TPMS sensors over to Type R wheels? I have researched but there is no way you can disable TPMS so I would like to get them working instead of a bulb constantly lid on my gauges. Another question is I have seen sellers selling the type r wheels along with some spacers.. Do I need spacers for my 08 Civic si?

Please advice. Thank!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
^ i think it does, but you have to get the dealer to reprogram it to your car.

Spacers just makes the wheels sit more flush with the fender.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
You don't have to reprogram anything. You'll have to swap out the TPMS sensors and they will fit, the thing is, you might wanna put a slight little cushion in the wheel for the sensor to rest on once installed. If its anything like my Mugens, there was a less then a 1/4 inch of space between the rim and the sensor. We just put a little soft pad with adhesive in there to keep it more secured.

You will also need the spacers and probably some extended studs. I'm looking to go Type R also but I need some $700 more dollars. The real ***** is getting the tires on without breaking the TPMS or scratching the rim. Learned that the hard way, unfortunately :( A big fat chip, right in my Mugens.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
You don't have to reprogram anything. You'll have to swap out the TPMS sensors and they will fit, the thing is, you might wanna put a slight little cushion in the wheel for the sensor to rest on once installed. If its anything like my Mugens, there was a less then a 1/4 inch of space between the rim and the sensor. We just put a little soft pad with adhesive in there to keep it more secured.

You will also need the spacers and probably some extended studs. I'm looking to go Type R also but I need some $700 more dollars. The real ***** is getting the tires on without breaking the TPMS or scratching the rim. Learned that the hard way, unfortunately :( A big fat chip, right in my Mugens.
Ouch. I'm having my sensor's moved over to my aftermarket rims this weekend or next so the shop I'm taking it to better get it right or they will be buying me new rims! :eek:hnoes: I decided to go with 17' so I will be using the same size rim/tire so I hope I won't have any issue's with TPMS!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts